Screen Flicker evo 4g lte

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, and I've had 4 replacements so far.

Darker colors on the screen and grey screens tend to do it.

I'm thinking about moving to the GSIII, but I HATE TOUCHWIZ.

The dilemma of it all.
Yes, it's more grey colors than others. I would go to a have, but the blueish dim screen is a letdown, along with touchwiz.

What option are there on at&t? I don't want a one x neither.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my EVO LTE today, if they all do this and I start to see flicker...I will flip out.

I have Hardware Version 003.

Luckie

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the process of exchanging mine for the GS3. I always thought the EVO LTE had a bit of a redish tint to it (which I decided I can live with) but the screen flicker seems to get worse and worse. As most people have reported here, it's the worst on greys.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed flicker in the grey 'loading' screen in the market. But I didn't notice it in the grey gmail app...hmm....?

(Sometimes I wish I was oblivious to details so I wouldn't notice these issues.)

Nick4208

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if this will help, but I had minor screen flickering and I just did a factory reset and it seemed to help. I dont know if Im going crazy or not. I know doing a factory reset is a pain in the arse, but it might be worth a shot.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
lightleak.jpg

This sucks.

The more I play with this phone, the more I realize all the little glitches from the original EVO carried over to this phone.
Yikes.

Last edited:

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Definitely yikes. Yesterday I noticed one of my friends has light leaks like crazy from her old Motorola (it was a lot worse than the OG Evo), so I looked at my phone and tried to find it, and didn't find any on mine.

Here's what mine looks like.

263etc4.jpg

njlx016

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My first EVO 4G LTE had a screen flicker issue and it was driving me crazy. I had the same issues described in this post. It only does it on solid grays, like in the empty boxes in the market, in the background of dialog boxes and in the task switcher.

I exchanged it, and my second unit still had a screen flicker. It wasn't as bad (my first phone gave me a headache if I stared at it long enough) but was still present.

Yesterday I was using my phone non-stop for most of the day (love the battery life btw) and looked at the battery stats and the screen was on for about 4 hours. I noticed at the end of the night that the screen flicker was pretty much non existent. I looked closely this morning and and it still wasn't flickering.

Maybe the screen has to be "broken in?" Possibly it is just the nature of Super LCD screen technology?

I put in a support request to HTC to get it repaired, but I think I'm not going to send it in. It looks fine to me right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, flickering is back. Sending my phone to HTC. Grrr.

Last edited:

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep mine too. Noticed it on a few occasions. Usually most noticeable during games. Had to have been something with the update because I had no flicker before hand. I'll take a little flicker with the much improved data signal and I'm sure they'll address it in the next ota. Just noticed its really bad on the unlock screen. Almost a constant flicker :cool: ok UPDATE......decided to try and make some adjustments. I changed my lock screen and theme and flicker is gone. Makes no sense to me but it worked :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Geez flicker is back and worse than ever. Screen goes completely black at times. Phone is a couple months old. Any suggestions on what I can do. Def don't want to just live with it. At times it makes the screen very dim and what good is the amazing screen if its not working to its full potential. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have insurance but I don't think I should have to go that route. Phone is practically brand new and has been in an otterbox defender since it left the store. I've taken the case off to make sure its not affecting the sensors and it makes no difference.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you have your screen brightness set on "auto" and your thumb doesn't know where the sensor is located.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Ahh come on now gimme more credit than that. I always keep it on the brightest setting.

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone started doing this within the past week. I haven't changed anything that I know of. I'm also running CM10. Also Google Wallet says it's not supported anymore after the latest update

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. If its a software thing they need to fix it asap. Definitely not willing to wait months for another ota to roll out.