What's up with Android Beam in the Evo LTE?

AppleR112

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
NFC is turned on....Android Beam is "ready to go". I open a pic in my gallery, then I place our evos back to back. The phones play a tune and vibrate. I touch the pic on the face of one Evo, expecting the image to jump to the other, as in the YouTube videos, and, NOTHING HAPPENS.

The only piece of data that I have been able to beam is a "contact". It's apparent that he phone is deciding what is to be beamed.... Does anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Large files can not really be transferred using solely Android Beam (NFC). Some manufacturers like Samsung with their S-Beam combine Android Beam and Wifi Direct (both separately Android 4.0+ features) to allow for a seamless transfer with a single touch. I honestly think Google should have implemented that as part of Android and maybe they will in the future, but for now you will have to be more proactive if your manufacturer (HTC in this case) doesn't support it. Generally Android Beam is used for links (web, youtube vids, directions, etc) and vcards

Just a bit more info. S-beam uses Android beam (NFC) to send the configuration info so it can configure a WiFi Direct transfer. This is all seamless to the user but only works between two Samsung phones.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I find it frustrating to use WiFi direct on our phones. I was able to connect to my friend's Evo LTE but then couldn't figure out how to send a file. Not intuitive at all.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
sorry for the bump but i found a program that has worked so far for anything ive used, and the best part is the receiver does not need to have this program installed to accept large size beams! Its called NFC transfer oddly enough, very basic ui but it works smoothly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc