Bluetooth Audio Car - Disappointed

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So this morning I finally got to test out the bluetooth audio in the car. Was really looking forward to it especially with Beats Audio and the better quality bluetooth... but I was soo disappointed.

Now, I wonder if the bad quality is coming from my car side of things, and not the phone. When I connected it via the AUX cable, it sounded perfect.

I might get the bluetooth audio adapter and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone have similar experiences, and can offer some suggestions?

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth Audio will continue to sound crappy unless your receiver supports Aptx. The HTC Stereo Clip supports Aptx and that will give you the sound you want.

From HTC:
On many wireless devices, sound can be compromised when it's compressed during transmission from the player to the receiver. However, the new HTC devices and accessories offer apt-X technology, which enables high quality Bluetooth? stereo audio, delivering wired audio quality wirelessly. It's also compatible with a range of Bluetooth? headsets in the market. And you can take such quality sound beyond the headsets. Sync your HTC device with your car's audio system via the Car StereoClip, an HTC accessory that connects your car stereo with your HTC phone, and you can listen to premium, authentic sound thanks to the embedded apt-X enhancement. Sound good? We thought so too.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My music sounds like crap when I use the built-in Bluetooth system in my car. I get a lot of crackling, popping, and hissing noises, and the music itself just sounds muffled.

But with the HTC Stereo Clip, the sound quality is the same as using an AUX cable -- crisp, clear, and very high quality sounding.

Sent from my EVO LTE via AC app

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Btw, this is an HTC issue known across the board with sense. Long story short, there's a setting in the phone called the bluetooth bitpool. HTC has theirs set outrageously low which will apparently make it drop the connection less but it also reduces the audio quality GREATLY. If you use an aux cable or flash and aosp rom such as CM9 or AOKP you will have awesome bluetooth audio quality due to the higher bitpool setting. I've looked into this for a long time and HTC refuses to change their bitpool setting forcing myself and others to use non-sense roms. Hope this helps.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems having it connect automatically?? With old EVO, I had BT always on so whenever I went into my car it would connect automatically.. Now with the LTE EVO, I have to actually go into BT settings and hit the connection between my car...

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had no problems with it autoconnecting to my Sony Stereo in the truck.. Connects within 30 seconds of the stereo being powered up.
Streaming music via bluetooth sounds good to me.

Has anyone had any problems having it connect automatically?? With old EVO, I had BT always on so whenever I went into my car it would connect automatically.. Now with the LTE EVO, I have to actually go into BT settings and hit the connection between my car...

Reactions: chesalaam

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

You might need to change the 'Auto-Connection' settings of your car's stereo. I have a Hyundai Veloster and I had to change which phone it tries to connect to because it has one main phone that it tries to connect to as soon as I start the car. So with the new Evo, I set it to connect to this phone as my primary phone.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You might need to change the 'Auto-Connection' settings of your car's stereo. I have a Hyundai Veloster and I had to change which phone it tries to connect to because it has one main phone that it tries to connect to as soon as I start the car. So with the new Evo, I set it to connect to this phone as my primary phone.

I currently own a 2011 Subaru WRX and it can only allow one phone to be paired with the car... (Not going to lie.. the head unit is horrendous for a 2011 car but if ya know what a WRX is you don't get it for that)

I guess I'll just have to keep messing with it until I figure it out eh?

That's the one thing that just really gets me right now :p I like to drive a lot and I also like to listen to my music a lot :p

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i think if you have an aux in, i would seriously consider getting the car stereo clip. should sound a lot better than connecting music through car bluetooth. you can always set it so phone calls through car bluetooth, and music stream through stereo clip.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you have anything to compare it to? Try plugging in your phone through the aux jack and see if the quality is the same. I'd be willing to bet it's not.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

yup, from what i remember reading, unless your car has aptX codec bulit in, it all going to sound the same.

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been very happy with streaming bluetooth audio to my 2010 g37. It obviously isn't as good as my directly connected ipod or the USB connection, but it's much better than the typical quality that XM radio has ever given me. My only complaint about it is that Beats Audio pushes WAY too much bass so I just turn it off. I like the Beats Audio over my headphones, but not in the car.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
i think if you have an aux in, i would seriously consider getting the car stereo clip. should sound a lot better than connecting music through car bluetooth. you can always set it so phone calls through car bluetooth, and music stream through stereo clip.

Even if I did do that. I would still need to go into my phone settings and still connect my phone for calls. Still a pain :(

Hopefully I can figure it out today. If not, I just hope a patch comes out soon to fix it.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Even if I did do that. I would still need to go into my phone settings and still connect my phone for calls. Still a pain :(

Hopefully I can figure it out today. If not, I just hope a patch comes out soon to fix it.

no you don't, go into bluetooth setting, and click on each ind. bluetooth device. i have it setup now that my jabra bluetooth only gets phone calls and i am streaming music directly using the lineout into my car. one time setup only. just unclick the music streaming from your car bluettooth.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you understand. Usually when you have your bluetooth on, and you go into your car, the car and the phone will sync up together and you can just start driving. (at least with my OG Evo)

Now once I get into my car, I have to go into the BT settings and actually click on my car to link it up (which i feel like defeats the purpose of having my BT on always cause I just want to be able to hop in and drive)

Or am I misunderstanding you?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you understand. Usually when you have your bluetooth on, and you go into your car, the car and the phone will sync up together and you can just start driving. (at least with my OG Evo)

Now once I get into my car, I have to go into the BT settings and actually click on my car to link it up (which i feel like defeats the purpose of having my BT on always cause I just want to be able to hop in and drive)

Or am I misunderstanding you?

no, you can still do that, it will auto sync the phone w/ your car bt and music w/ the stereo clip. it's a one time setup. as long as your bt is always on, it will sync to those setting everytime you start your car. phone car goes thru car bt, music goes thru stereo clip.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but that seems the problem. Is that it won't connect when I get into my car.

I've paired it 4 different times but nothing seems to work :(

that's weird. my collect w/ my jabra bt everytime. plus i have a bt headset and they connect fine too. i am debating to get the stereo clip myself. my phone is connected to my car using a monster tape adopter and the sound quality isn't as good as an aux in.