Bluetooth Audio Car - Disappointed

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its funny cause it pairs up with my motorola BT headset fine.

But it's just my car. But I find it the old evo worked fine and the new ones having problems :S

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its funny cause it pairs up with my motorola BT headset fine.

But it's just my car. But I find it the old evo worked fine and the new ones having problems :S

I have a 2012 wrx and auto pair with no problems. BUT I had to delete my connection with the the wrx and my evo 3d in 2 places, one from streaming Bluetooth and 1 from phone calls. This is done from the deck.

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
yup, from what i remember reading, unless your car has aptX codec bulit in, it all going to sound the same.

I'm starting to think that you didn't read the post I put up about the bitpool settings. The bluetooth on my og ego sounds great with an aosp rom (cm7, miui) and awful with a sense rom. It's a sense issue. Plug your phone into the audio jack and marvel at the quality. Sense phones sound like garbage over bluetooth. That's the only reason I don't run sense which sucks because I like sense.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to think that you didn't read the post I put up about the bitpool settings. The bluetooth on my og ego sounds great with an aosp rom (cm7, miui) and awful with a sense rom. It's a sense issue. Plug your phone into the audio jack and marvel at the quality. Sense phones sound like garbage over bluetooth. That's the only reason I don't run sense which sucks because I like sense.

no I read it. what I'm saying is that all old a2dp standard sucks compare to bluetooth 4.0 aptX. I believe a2dp only use 128 bitrate, but the new standard is much higher. forgot how much. both of the links I post here talk about it.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/5/9/3010379/htc-car-stereoclip-aux-bluetooth-dongle-hands-on

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-bluetooth-car-stereoclip-review

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I understand that you need the special dongle to get the better bit rate and all that good stuff.

What i'm getting at is that the bluetooth audio is awesome with stock android even with a2dp and factory bluetooth in your car. I'd be willing to bet that my og evo without sense sounds beautiful compared to the new evo in my car. There's no reason why they shouldn't increase the bitpool settings to make the audio sound good from the factory. Now we have to buy a $60 dongle when it already has the capability to sound awesome. Kind of lame in my opinion. If you search for "bluetooth bitpool android" you'll see plenty of threads on different forums of people trying to solve the issue. It hasn't been solved to date other than switching to a non sense rom. :(

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
maybe I just dont realize how good it should sound, but the music from phone going thru Bluetooth to my car sounds phenomenal!!!! I bought a new stereo bcuz the stock one didn't have the ability to stream via bt, but this new one uses a2dp and still sounds unbelievable to me and my wife.

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well if it sounds unbelievable maybe I'm wrong about it. Or you have a head unit with the new bluetooth protocol that has the higher bitrate as discussed before.

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well if it sounds unbelievable maybe I'm wrong about it. Or you have a head unit with the new bluetooth protocol that has the higher bitrate as discussed before.

as mentioned, the headset I bought has a2dp according to the spec sheet. is the bitrate and a2dp something different? perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
as mentioned, the headset I bought has a2dp according to the spec sheet. is the bitrate and a2dp something different? perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing

No, it's just that the new standard, aptX, has a higher bitrate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12