Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phantom Notifications

Is anyone else getting phantom chimes and led flashing?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Phantom Notifications

No sir. Not that I have noticed at least.

Probably the "data roaming" notification. By the time you turn your screen on it is gone. Turn off the roaming notifications and I bet you won't get anymore phantom notifications.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I will try that..

Are you using a 3rd party messaging app? If so, make sure that you turn notifications off in the default app. I am not assuming that you don't know what you're doing, just that the obvious is oft overlooked

Sent From My Righteous EVO 4G LTE

My phantom LED flashing was because of the Yahoo Mail app. There's no way to stop the notification so I had to uninstall the app. Haven't had a phantom notification since.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No 3rd party messaging. The roam didn't work I will check out yahoo mail, but I had yahoo mail on the EVO 3D with no problems.

For me it was the notification for 100% battery charge that was driving me nuts.

I am having the same issue. I don't have any third party messaging apps or Yahoo Mail on mine. I also have the roaming alerts turned off. So I am not sure where mine are coming from.