cocktail party for the galaxy s3???

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i just got this email from sprint. i should go there with my evo and show why it's better. lol...

The Next Big Thing is Here

Be the first on your block to get your hands on it

Due to your V.I.P status as a Sprint customer, you are invitedto take a sneak peek at the Galaxy S? III.

Take hold of the sleek new design. Witness the powerful performance. Engage with world-class technologists as you learn how to share content on a whole new level. Visit our three Share Pods: Share for Business, Share with Friends, and Share with Devices. Earn Share Points and move up our Galaxy Leaderboard with the hope of winning some grand AllShare prizes. Don't forget to check out our Share the Love hands-on demonstrations using the latest NFC technology.

When: Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Where: Peche Sherman Mills
3502 Scotts Lane, Building 28
Philadelphia, PA 19129

Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm

Spaces at this two-hour cocktail-reception are limited and filling up fast, so reserve now.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the ITC will be getting their own invite too.

Congrats on your VIP status and wanting to defend EVO's honor.

sabbyds

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It is interesting. At one Sprint store last month when I said I had preordered a LTE, the salesperson was very much pushing the Samsungs "Well, I[/I] have the S-II" and "Why didn't I want to wait for the S-III?" and "why would you choose the EVO over Samsung"

I mentioned that others in my family have had Samsungs and they never can get decent reception and that I had had a great experience with the OG EVO, that it has a better screen and so on. Pretty got just a shrug from him like I must not know what I was talking about....

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I kind of hate the way they have been handling this..I feel like the EVO is the red-headed (or red-banded) stepchild now. HTC and Sprint botched the launch and now they are doing everything impeccably for the GS3.

My OG Evo was having some problems a couple months ago, and when I took it in they were pushing me towards the Samsung even though I knew the new Evo was due and asked them about it.

Samsung outsells everything else by a huge margin though, and I think the GS3 is the only phone besides the iPhone with no carrier modifications at all, even though the One series was attempting that. (Of course I am very happy with the mods Sprint made to the One X in this case, but it's the idea of unification that is a good thing)

I keep thinking maybe it outsells everything because they end up pushing it so hard. Now that they have the iPhone, which cost them a fortune to get, they have to push the iPhone first, then the Samsung, and if pressed maybe they'll tell you about the Evo.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I think they would rather you buy the Samsung instead of the I-phone because of the subsidy issue. Their ideal would be for the I-phone to get you in the door but to buy something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol