Is it me or does it seem like there's a lot of whiners on here??

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is it me or does it seem like there's a lot of whiners on her

It's not complaining when there's facts in what the problems are

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I reject your assessment that people are whining. The forums serve as a community for people to communicate a find solutions to problems. We would not know half the things we know about these rather expensive devices if it were not for these forums. They are not whiners. They are associating with people who may have the same issues, and how they may have solved it. These forums have helped people determine if their phones are defective or if it is behaving as designed. Yes there are people that whine about things I believe are insignificant (I.e. The phone has optional 3d functionality. 3d gives ke headaches, this phone sucks). But that is all subjective. What may be insignificant to me may be a major sticking point to someone else. These phones cost over 500 bucks! People have a right to complain if it does not work as it should, or how they assumed it would.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

Why would you come to forums if you don't have a question to ask or a problem to report? Would you visit if it was just 50 people making posts "I'm so happy with my phone today! How about you?"

It would feel like a phone cult!

Reactions: prissysox

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why would you come to forums if you don't have a question to ask or a problem to report? Would you visit if it was just 50 people making posts "I'm so happy with my phone today! How about you?"

Personally I come here to look for help and to provide help (as much as I possibly can anyway).

With that said there is some whinning, but it's easy to overlook it and know there are some people who just will never be happy.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

I'll bet they aren't whining about screen display!
I miss the menu button
Camera could focus better
Battery dosent drop 10% like ogevo
Sound quality with headphones outstanding
2 Widgets I liked are gone
Battery last a whole workday!
Can pull down notification bar on lock screen and go straight to settings
Wherever I go I have best phone in the room or building!

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

It's not whining when you have legitimate issues that need to be addressed post haste. Otherwise guess what Sprint has a boatload of E4GLTE refurbs on their hands. As great as this phone is if it can't make said call it's a fail that is going back. That along with wifi issues and other major problems is why we are here.

What are you looking for if not help or guidance for your phone?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I'll bet they aren't whining about screen display!
I miss the menu button
Camera could focus better
Battery dosent drop 10% like ogevo
Sound quality with headphones outstanding
2 Widgets I liked are gone
Battery last a whole workday!
Can pull down notification bar on lock screen and go straight to settings
Wherever I go I have best phone in the room or building!

Both comments highlighted are not specific features of the HTC EVO 4G LTE, these are features of Ice Cream Sandwich 4.x (OS).

Menu button is something Google is phasing out.

Notifications pulldown can now be accessed via lock screen was one of the best additions IMO of ICS.

Reactions: awileycoyote21

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I reject your assessment that people are whining. The forums serve as a community for people to communicate a find solutions to problems. We would not know half the things we know about these rather expensive devices if it were not for these forums. They are not whiners. They are associating with people who may have the same issues, and how they may have solved it. These forums have helped people determine if their phones are defective or if it is behaving as designed. Yes there are people that whine about things I believe are insignificant (I.e. The phone has optional 3d functionality. 3d gives ke headaches, this phone sucks). But that is all subjective. What may be insignificant to me may be a major sticking point to someone else. These phones cost over 500 bucks! People have a right to complain if it does not work as it should, or how they assumed it would.
Not trolling is there really a 3d option ?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Not trolling is there really a 3d option

He is referring to the people who thought the Evo 3D was junk and badmouthed it because it had an OPTIONAL USE 3D screen and camera. This, despite the phone was a huge upgrade to the Evo OG, with twice the memory, twice the storage, twice the CPU cores, higher core speed, higher res display, larger battery, etc.

Last edited:

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Both comments highlighted are not specific features of the HTC EVO 4G LTE, these are features of Ice Cream Sandwich 4.x (OS).

Notifications pulldown can now be accessed via lock screen was one of the best additions IMO of ICS.

Widget locker did it before ICS

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I dislike the people who say if this problem isn't fixed by said date I'm taking it back. They rely on HTC to fix it and don't try to fix it themselves.

If they're gonna take it back then take it back already! This early in a phone's life there are gonna be issues.

I'm an EVO fan and won't be buying Samsung. 2gb RAM or 20gb.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

Reactions: jpmciver

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
He is referring to the idiots who thought the Evo 3D was junk and badmouthed it because it had an OPTIONAL USE 3D screen and camera. This, despite the phone was a huge upgrade to the Evo OG, with twice the memory, twice the storage, twice the CPU cores, higher core speed, higher res display, larger battery, etc.

Then I must be one of those idiots because I came from the original Evo to the 3D and it was not a "huge upgrade" to me. Evo3D felt like a sideways step. I couldn't wait to take that phone back.

I preformed many side by side comparisons of my Evo and 3D and my Evo was leaving the 3D in the dust!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

The galaxy S3 has a menu button.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

You forgot the i before the phone cult. ;)

If its one company that could build a perfect phone, it would be HTC. They just need to hear our feedback and fix it from there.. I have faith in them.

They have a perfect body, and gorgeous screen.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Then I must be one of those idiots because I came from the original Evo to the 3D and it was not a "huge upgrade" to me. Evo3D felt like a sideways step. I couldn't wait to take that phone back.

I preformed many side by side comparisons of my Evo and 3D and my Evo was leaving the 3D in the dust!!!

Sorry about the strong wording, it wasn't very professional. I will edit the post too.

In any case, I would postulate that something was terribly wrong with your particular Evo 3D. Mine was much faster than the Evo OG.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Widget locker did it before ICS

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
Yes well aware of Widget locker doing so, but that was 3rd party app support. Now its officially built into ICS.

The galaxy S3 has a menu button.
This was discussed on this past week's Android Central podcast. Google is phasing it out but in case of the SGSIII its still there which is making things confusing.