Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    webhaus's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Abnormal restarts causing error report

    Is anyone else having a problem with abnormal restarts that are giving error reports? I've had it happen 3 times today, and it has happened at least once a day since I picked up my early release pre-order from Best Buy. It doesn't matter if the phone is being used, or sitting unused for several minutes. It will lock up, screen goes black, and the phone restarts automatically. I've been sending in error reports, and have send a technical support request into HTC, but haven't heard anything back yet.
  2. #2  
    phillymade's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    SOS-X

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    Try updating your profile. That will usually fix it. It did for me.
    If I have helped you in Any Way, a simple Thanks will do.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    webhaus's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    Just updated. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    webhaus's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    About 20 minutes after updating my profile, I set the phone down and walked away. A friend walked by and said 'hey, your phone just restarted itself', and sure enough, I got the abnormal restart error report again. Any other suggestions?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    matt0715's Avatar

    Posts
    410 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

    Default

    Used to happen on my tbolt until it got updated. There really is no fix. This is why I am moving away from htc for one year to see how it goes. Htc phones are always plagued with bugs right after release

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    Awake's Avatar

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

    Default

    Does your "friend" walk by and tell you when you have a text or an email? This seems really sketchy to me.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    webhaus's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    Quote Originally Posted by oneAwake View Post
    Does your "friend" walk by and tell you when you have a text or an email? This seems really sketchy to me.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    She happened to be near the desk it was on and saw it light up. She knows it's been having issues, so she let me know. It popped up the error report in the notification area, so i know it was an "abnormal reset".
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    My wife's has been restarting once or twice a day as well. I'm on hold now with sprint tech support.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    webhaus's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    Looks like these resets are killing my battery life.
    Abnormal restarts causing error report-uploadfromtaptalk1339373415732.jpg
    Abnormal restarts causing error report-uploadfromtaptalk1339373435438.jpg

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default

    I've had it happen one time since launch. I was watching a "video" on my browser and it started getting really hot and restart. Then I noticed the rest of the day it was getting warm and burning battery like crazy. Then I disabled fastboot and restarted and haven't had a problem since.

    From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    webhaus's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    Quote Originally Posted by mykrlz182 View Post
    I've had it happen one time since launch. I was watching a "video" on my browser and it started getting really hot and restart. Then I noticed the rest of the day it was getting warm and burning battery like crazy. Then I disabled fastboot and restarted and haven't had a problem since.

    From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!
    OK.. I'll give disabling fast boot a shot. I have noticed that the top of the phone around the camera seems to get very warm every once in a while. Not sure what's happening, but my Palm Pre would start to heat up like that when it was hunting for a signal.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    I was having a problem with random restarts several times a day. I read on another forum to try resetting the "weather" widget on my home screen to turn off "scheduled sync" option. I reset this in the morning and had no more restarts all day after this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    Quote Originally Posted by myevouser View Post
    I was having a problem with random restarts several times a day. I read on another forum to try resetting the "weather" widget on my home screen to turn off "scheduled sync" option. I reset this in the morning and had no more restarts all day after this.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Just implemented it as of 1:56 AM, Phoenix Time today. Will report back in 24 hours to let you know if it worked. Not only did I disable the syncing, I also removed the entire widget.

    I'm really, really disliking my new EVO V. I never had these kinds of reboot problems with any other Android phone I've owned.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    only 7 months later. my tmobile htc phone ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS restarts. i've had it almost 2 years. i just saw this

    it answers some of your questions
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    Quote Originally Posted by webhaus View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with abnormal restarts that are giving error reports? I've had it happen 3 times today, and it has happened at least once a day since I picked up my early release pre-order from Best Buy. It doesn't matter if the phone is being used, or sitting unused for several minutes. It will lock up, screen goes black, and the phone restarts automatically. I've been sending in error reports, and have send a technical support request into HTC, but haven't heard anything back yet.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Abnormal restarts causing error report

    I fixed my HTC by tightening the battery connector

Posting Permissions

B