play music app wont recognize mp3s

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up an EVO LTE tonight and I loaded a micro sd that I had from my epic 4g the issue I am having is that the play music app won't recognize all of my music. It only pulls certain songs. While the stock music app has no problem seeing all of the songs. Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so how do I fix it?

Reactions: linzgeneral

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue! Just ended up using power amp music player out of frustration instead.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought you can only use music you uploaded or download to play music to use play music. I have music in my sd card and over 2200 songs in play music. The only thing that bothers me is not being able to shuffle all my music together.

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought you can only use music you uploaded or download to play music to use play music.

No, you can load music files onto your microSD card from anywhere and the Google Play Music app should recognize them with no problem. I'm not sure why its not recognizing the files...:confused:

Sent from my EVO 4G using Android Central Forums

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I really wouldn't care if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to make playlists on the other music app. Anyone have a solution for this? Is power amp a good alternative?

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
What is the bit rate of the songs that won't play? Could a very high bit rate be causing the problem? Maybe the Music app cannot handle these high quality recordings. Just a thought...

Sent from somewhere

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
What is the bit rate of the songs that won't play? Could a very high bit rate be causing the problem? Maybe the Music app cannot handle these high quality recordings. Just a thought...

Sent from somewhere

I am not sure of the bit rate. How can I check that? It doesn't seem that the other music app has this issue...

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the cache on the Play Music app, then force closing it then restarting Play Music. I had a similar issue where it wouldn't recognize music on my SDCard and the above steps cleared the issue up.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I disabled the music app, re enabled it and now it recognizes sd cars songs! Awesome thanks for the help.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Sent from somewhere

no thats def not what it is. i can play flac audio files i have on my dropbox and those have a way higher bitrate than an mp3

jeromyraider

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
.it probably is your sd card. you prob need atleast a class 4 micro sd card. take out your sd card and post sieze, class and how much data you actualy have on it.