play music app wont recognize mp3s
03-24-2015 10:44 PM
- Solution=get PowerAmp. The sound quality alone that PowerAmp plays music at craps all over Play Music and the stock music player. There are a TON of other features it has over the others too. I hated Play Music and got tired of the stock player screwing up my music library and not installing album art correctly. Either keep fighting with the stock apps or replace it with one that works =).02-10-2013 08:56 AM
- I have this same issue with my Evo, although the issue only started a week ago. I don't get it though because I have been storing all my music on my sdcard in one location and the player worked fine. I've checked to make sure the .mp3 files still exist and didn't mistakenly get deleted. It's almost as if the player forgot the medias location / directory path. I also have the latest version of the android updates so I am not sure why I can't get anything to play.02-12-2013 11:36 PM
- after many days of trying I found out what to do.
first if you want to move an app google have taken that away, you can only do that on rooted phones now. no app in google play can help you.
ok to move music and other files. I have just upgraded from samsung galaxy 2 to galaxy 3
all my music was on the sd card well the ex sd card, I hoped it would just work but no!!!!
ok first of all you will need to format your ex sd card to your new phone but you dont want to lose everything on it right.
two ways of doing this.
first move the files you want to keep to the sdcard0 or phone file from the ex sd card you can do this in the my files everything should show in the my files even if the music apps dont show them. my files,exsdcard tick the files you want to keep or hit the menu button and select all then top right on the phone screen and move then hit the sdcard and create new folder call it music. ande then the move here.
second way is by the computer if you have too many files and wont fit on your phone
if your computer doesn't have a sd card slot dont worry you can find an sd adapter on ebay for 99p like i have done.
make a new file on your compute desktop by clicking right on your mouse, new file then name it. plug in your sd card go into my computer in the start up menu click on removable disk. how drag everything you want to keep into your new file.
DONT BOTHER WITH AIR DRODE OR ANY OTHER APP TO DO THIS OR EVEN THE PHONE WITH USB. ITS TOO SLOW AND TO MUCH MESSING ABOUT. THESE APPS AND THE PHONES USB ARE GREAT FOR SMALL FILES, BUT A NIGHTMARE WITH BIG FILES.
now your ready to format your ex sd card.
to do this go in to setting on you phone go into storage (make sure ex sd card is in the phone) then format sd card.
now your ready to cope everything back on to the ex sd card. the same way you moved everything before. make a new file on the ex sd card the same way you did moving before if you moved it to your phone call it music (some music apps wont see it if now rooted to the main exsd card called music) if doing it on computer just make a file on the ex sd card same way you made the file on your desktop.
thats it everything should work.
one more thing if you want to cope music from your computer to your phones ex sd card this is how i did it and no fuss.
I use itunes player, doesnt matter which player you use. everything is copied as mp3 format.
all you need to do is find the folder that itunes or your music player has copied all your music too. plug in the sdcard into the computer open it and the folder that has all your music in that drag and drop. again dont bother with any software to do its. YOU DONT NEED IT !!!!11-08-2013 09:56 AM
- Late to this but formatting the external sd card didn't solve the issue with a Galaxy Tab 3. The music player can see all the songs, titles, artists, etc. but will only play certain ones. The only difference I can find is the bit rate - the 320 bit rate won't play ("player doesn't support this file type") but anything below that will play. No idea why that is....12-09-2014 09:24 AM
- Create another folder in /music
Copy music files into it.
And your good to go. Google music play and all other players(music player) start recognising them immediately.
Its to do with folder ownership I think. Mine were torrent generated folders.
Create new ones, copy files and you are good to go01-06-2015 04:09 PM
- Just picked up an EVO LTE tonight and I loaded a micro sd that I had from my epic 4g the issue I am having is that the play music app won't recognize all of my music. It only pulls certain songs. While the stock music app has no problem seeing all of the songs. Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so how do I fix it?03-24-2015 10:42 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
play music app wont recognize mp3s
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD