Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default play music app wont recognize mp3s

Just picked up an EVO LTE tonight and I loaded a micro sd that I had from my epic 4g the issue I am having is that the play music app won't recognize all of my music. It only pulls certain songs. While the stock music app has no problem seeing all of the songs. Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so how do I fix it?
    Thanked by:

I had the same issue! Just ended up using power amp music player out of frustration instead.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: play music app wont recognize mp3s

Yea I would love to resolve this issue. Been using power amp, but having to switch back n forth is getting old

Is this seriously not bothering anyone else?

I thought you can only use music you uploaded or download to play music to use play music. I have music in my sd card and over 2200 songs in play music. The only thing that bothers me is not being able to shuffle all my music together.

Quote Originally Posted by Judynnnn View Post
    I thought you can only use music you uploaded or download to play music to use play music.
    No, you can load music files onto your microSD card from anywhere and the Google Play Music app should recognize them with no problem. I'm not sure why its not recognizing the files...

Sent from my EVO 4G using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I really wouldn't care if it wasn't such a pain in the *** to make playlists on the other music app. Anyone have a solution for this? Is power amp a good alternative?

What is the bit rate of the songs that won't play? Could a very high bit rate be causing the problem? Maybe the Music app cannot handle these high quality recordings. Just a thought...

Sent from somewhere

ROM
    Stock

I noticed that Play Music took a while to load all the songs, even local on the sd card.

Personally i hate power amp

I've used Mixzing since my ogevo days and i love it

MixZing - The Ultimate Android Music Player
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    What is the bit rate of the songs that won't play? Could a very high bit rate be causing the problem? Maybe the Music app cannot handle these high quality recordings. Just a thought...

Sent from somewhere
    I am not sure of the bit rate. How can I check that? It doesn't seem that the other music app has this issue...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by bbtitanium View Post
    I noticed that Play Music took a while to load all the songs, even local on the sd card.
    I mean whats a long time? I can leave the app open for over an hour and its still missing a ton of songs.

Try clearing the cache on the Play Music app, then force closing it then restarting Play Music. I had a similar issue where it wouldn't recognize music on my SDCard and the above steps cleared the issue up.

I disabled the music app, re enabled it and now it recognizes sd cars songs! Awesome thanks for the help.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

can someone tell me how to clear the cashe on this app?

Worked for me too
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by G3TCASHM0N3Y View Post
    I disabled the music app, re enabled it and now it recognizes sd cars songs! Awesome thanks for the help.

How do you disable then reenable the play music app?

Go into settings, then Go into apps, find play music, click disabled, then enable.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post

Sent from somewhere
    no thats def not what it is. i can play flac audio files i have on my dropbox and those have a way higher bitrate than an mp3

.it probably is your sd card. you prob need atleast a class 4 micro sd card. take out your sd card and post sieze, class and how much data you actualy have on it.

I have this same issue. The SD card worked fine in my old evo 3D and worked fine at first in the LTE then all of the sudden boom no SD card music. I've been using Mixing but I actually enjoy PLAY.... I force closed ..enabled..disabled.. no dice!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Issue is resolved after disabling then closing. Everything shows up now.

You need to disable clear cache and wipe data then enable it

Quote Originally Posted by vertcobra99 View Post
    Just picked up an EVO LTE tonight and I loaded a micro sd that I had from my epic 4g the issue I am having is that the play music app won't recognize all of my music. It only pulls certain songs. While the stock music app has no problem seeing all of the songs. Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so how do I fix it?
    Thought it was me alone. I hadn't paid serious attention to the issue until a few days ago when I really needed to use the Play music player. No matter what I did, i cant get to recognize any songs other than what I purchased from Google. I am really pissed off...lol...

That trick only lasts a few hours then music dissappears again. Now I can't get any player to recognise SD card music.

And where is DISABLE on the Motorola Atrix 2 ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast