Camera clicks when zooming?

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't affect the picture quality at all, and maybe it's not a problem, but I thought if others are experiencing this.

Anyone else hearing little "clicks" when they zoom in and out, or the camera auto-focuses. I'm used to passive (digital) zoom on phone cameras, maybe this is perfectly normal. Figured I'd check before my 14 days are up in case there's something wrong.

Picture quality seems fine, and it zooms in and out smoothly.

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
They all do that. the 3D did the same thing, it was harder to hear. but if it has auto focus it does it. I think this one just does it a hell of a lot faster, so you hear it more. normal sounds

just to clarify. the camera literally moves in and out to focus. if you look at the camera and move your hand close and far to it, you should see it move in and out to focus

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else hearing little "clicks" when they zoom in and out, or the camera auto-focuses. I'm used to passive (digital) zoom on phone cameras, maybe this is perfectly normal. Figured I'd check before my 14 days are up in case there's something wrong.

Picture quality seems fine, and it zooms in and out smoothly.

The Evo LTE (and all phones I am aware of) use "digital zoom" (which is not real zoom... it is not zoom at all) and have no ability to optically zoom by moving the lens. You are hearing the autofocus.