Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Um. What?
    I think it is code for "he likes it"!
    Uncle Louie likes this.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    I've been impressed since day 1. I agree about the whole multi-tasking issue but the way I use the phone I've not been bothered by it since I don't multi-task like a lot of folks who're really bothered by it.

    I do hope it gets fixed, but as much as I love the new sense I know I'll eventually throw CM9 on this so it isn't a big deal. The two things that impress me everyday are the battery life and also the screen.. can't say enough about either.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
  3. #28  
    solo1's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Galaxy View Post
    Use the home key instead, not the multitasking key.
    That actually doesn't work ... doing this will only work if you do not start another app before going back into the previous recent app ... It WILL refresh if you press the home key and start another app.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    I guess I'm one of the few that really don't have any issues to complain about or make me want a different phone. So far everything is pretty good for me. My small complaint is the power plug should still be on the bottom. Besides that minor annoyance things are grand!

    I know we all use these devices differently so different things will bug some and not others.

    But so far this phone and battery life are awesome. Just waiting for LTE to get some of those speeds!
    541rrhse likes this.
  5. #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few that really don't have any issues to complain about or make me want a different phone. So far everything is pretty good for me. My small complaint is the power plug should still be on the bottom. Besides that minor annoyance things are grand!

    I know we all use these devices differently so different things will bug some and not others.

    But so far this phone and battery life are awesome. Just waiting for LTE to get some of those speeds!
    Nope, I too have been more than happy with the HTC Evo 4G LTE and wouldn't trade it for any other android out there ..I have the need for speed.:beer::thumbup:

    from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
  6. #31  
    dtreo's Avatar

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I've been impressed since day 1. I agree about the whole multi-tasking issue but the way I use the phone I've not been bothered by it since I don't multi-task like a lot of folks who're really bothered by it.

    I do hope it gets fixed, but as much as I love the new sense I know I'll eventually throw CM9 on this so it isn't a big deal. The two things that impress me everyday are the battery life and also the screen.. can't say enough about either.
    Totally agree. Wouldn't trade it for anything else available.
  7. #32  

    Default

    I'm pretty set on this phone. I'm just waiting to get some hands on with the GSIII first. I hate a lot about what they did with it, but I'm going to root anyway, so I just want it for the hardware.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    I am thinking of exchanging for iphone. I really do not like ICS, I have not been able to transfer music on the phone without complicated apps that require complcated extras.

    I get a lot of emails that "cannot be displayed".
    I like the big screen/swype and being able to talk to make messages. But, have found the android apps really bad compared to the ones on my ipad touch.

    I really do not want to have to hire someone to help me get my phone going. I have had it for 3 weeks and am not impressed by Android at all.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    Quote Originally Posted by HnLA View Post
    I am thinking of exchanging for iphone. I really do not like ICS, I have not been able to transfer music on the phone without complicated apps that require complcated extras.

    I get a lot of emails that "cannot be displayed".
    I like the big screen/swype and being able to talk to make messages. But, have found the android apps really bad compared to the ones on my ipad touch.

    I really do not want to have to hire someone to help me get my phone going. I have had it for 3 weeks and am not impressed by Android at all.
    Interesting. I just copied music folders from my OG EVO to the new EVOLTE and that was it. Music up and playing. No complicated apps at all.

    Have fun in apple land.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    I like the LTE.
    I was going to stick to my 3d for my pair of extended 4000mah batts on it, but the LTE screen is a joy to use, worth being tethered to walls.. so I swapped my 3d for my relative's lte (she's not a power user so I had the fortune of choice).

    The common complaints don't really bother me, I run a lot of stuff, but I guess not the apps that are all that negatively affected by the pause/unpause/reload mechanism. and I run nova launcher without issue.

    Well, count one for impressed here.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    Quote Originally Posted by HnLA View Post
    I am thinking of exchanging for iphone. I really do not like ICS, I have not been able to transfer music on the phone without complicated apps that require complcated extras.
    Huh? There are about a dozen ways to easily transfer music (or ANY file type) to and from Android, wirelessly or via USB. Compared to iTunes (ugh), I'd say it's anything BUT complicated.

    Quote Originally Posted by HnLA View Post
    I get a lot of emails that "cannot be displayed".
    Never once seen this and I have 6 POP email accounts on my EVO LTE. Then again, I do get the occasional email with a missing attachment, and it's always from iPhone users ... hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by HnLA View Post
    I really do not want to have to hire someone to help me get my phone going. I have had it for 3 weeks and am not impressed by Android at all.
    Ok, maybe the iPhone does make sense for you.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    I got this phone less than a week after it came out,i must say its prolly the best phone ive owned.the pictures are excellant so crisp so clear the look of the phone is georgeous eve the classic kickstand is second to none.Im eagerly awaiting 4glte to come to louisville so i can realize the full potential of this phone.i might root it eventually but not right now.
  13. #38  
    dtreo's Avatar

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

    Default

    Uh ohh...after singing it's praises nonstop for the past couple of weeks, it hit me with the first random reboot during a session of texting a few people. C'mon EVO...you little *******.

    Sent via EVO LTE
  14. #39  
    dtreo's Avatar

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

    Default

    Also...
    Dear HTC, if a fix for the broken multitasking kills the great EVO LTE battery life, please leave it be. I'll deal with the multitasking in favor of this battery life.
    Thanks.


    Sent via EVO LTE
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Not true at all. A launcher does not keep sense from continuing to run in the background. I've installed the Nova launcher and the HTC sense multitasking is still there. Until you replace the ROM with one that has sense removed it will still be using resources in the background.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!
    I was not referring to the multi-tasking issue; that aggressive kill is not something that can be solved without a hack.

    I am referring to the times Sense crashes when going to the home screen. It looks like you just turned on the phone and your home screens need to reload. That’s an issue I get when I do not use a launcher.
  16. #41  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    870 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

    Let me understand this: it took 5 (FIVE!) months for that? You, sir, are the new king of thread resurrection. Somebody from AC should send you a Lloyd t-shirt or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by AFR_NY View Post
    I was not referring to the multi-tasking issue; that aggressive kill is not something that can be solved without a hack.

    I am referring to the times Sense crashes when going to the home screen. It looks like you just turned on the phone and your home screens need to reload. That’s an issue I get when I do not use a launcher.
    balansboy likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

B