Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Was incredibly impressed with this phone at first... Super thin and light, incredibly smooth, nice cam and the screen just blew me away. Weeks later and Im still loving it. Phone still flies, and the battery is consistently amazing. It has never let me down in real world use,unlike my old evo 3d did (random reboot when i needed to gps a mechanic for a large group, wait 3 minutes for reboot then no gps lock haha). Quadrant of over 5300... And im still bone stock. This thing will fly with the right rom. Dont think any phone Ive ever owned has wowed me for this long. Anybody else feel this way about the device?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My complaints are none, and I've had the phone since the pre-orders landed. I'm still smitten by the way it looks, how it feels, how it performs, how quickly I can open the camera app and start shooting pictures. The kickstand is still one of my favorite features, and gets used all the time.

Hell, I've even gone to using the stock Music app from Winamp.

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Use the home key instead, not the multitasking key.

For some of us, that just triggers the Sense reloading issue about thirty percent of the time :(

I like the EVO LTE having upgraded from the OG EVO, but those two problems (broken multi-tasking and Sense reloading at least twice a day) are just killing me.

I'll stick it out with hopes that HTC has a fix coming soon...

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. Seems some of the bugs were coming from live wallpaper making sense freeze. I still have multi tasking issues every now and then, but open the apps from the icons instead of the multitasking button.

The screen is amazing and I just bought the cruzerlite green case, which looks amazing and feels amazing. Gets a lot of attention.

I wish the internet browser was like the old evo. The new browser is sluggish and hopefully it gets fixed.

The kickstand rocks!

Lets just hope HTC sends a fix for multitasking, browser performance, and sense crashing, and this will be the best phone ever!

My only gripe is no menu button and that's something they should have kept like the gs3 kept. I can't use go launcher because of it.

Last edited:

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Some of the bugs and issues people are having are well documented in other threads, and I share some of those frustrations (ohai multitasking).

BUT

Overall I abso-freaken-lutely love this phone. I find myself waking it just to admire the display, from how it seems to be painted on top of the glass to the ridiculous viewing angles to how everything is so crisp and clean. I love how it feels in hand and how everything runs buttery-smooth. Even my iPhone-loving wife comments on how much she likes it.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Some of the bugs and issues people are having are well documented in other threads, and I share some of those frustrations (ohai multitasking).

BUT

Overall I abso-freaken-lutely love this phone. I find myself waking it just to admire the display, from how it seems to be painted on top of the glass to the ridiculous viewing angles to how everything is so crisp and clean. I love how it feels in hand and how everything runs buttery-smooth. Even my iPhone-loving wife comments on how much she likes it.
True... My girlfriend is an iPhone worshiping goddess, but she absolutely loves my phone and loves the display.

She thinks its complicated though. I told her the iPhone option is the apps icon... Just press and there's your iPhone... Just icons full of apps. ;)

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Lets just hope HTC sends a fix for multitasking, browser performance, and sense crashing, and this will be the best phone ever!
Sense isn't crashing, it's reloading. And there will be no fix. This phone does not have enough RAM to operate properly, end of story.

After loading up 3 tabs you're looking at nearly 180MB of RAM usage, and there goes everything. The only partial fix will be an AOSP ROM, but even that will be limited. I'm investigating the hell out of this and I don't think it can be fixed in software.

Reactions: Technosticrati

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Sense isn't crashing, it's reloading. And there will be no fix. This phone does not have enough RAM to operate properly, end of story.

After loading up 3 tabs you're looking at nearly 180MB of RAM usage, and there goes everything. The only partial fix will be an AOSP ROM, but even that will be limited. I'm investigating the hell out of this and I don't think it can be fixed in software.

If this is truly a hardware issue that can't be overcome by software tweaks then how was it handled before Sense 4.0 and ICS were released?

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I cannot agree with the sluggish browser comment. Relative browser speed is, of course, dependent on internet connection speed. On my home WiFi my EVO4GLTE browser is quite noticeably faster than my EVO4G. Anyone else notice this?

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
For some of us, that just triggers the Sense reloading issue about thirty percent of the time :(

I like the EVO LTE having upgraded from the OG EVO, but those two problems (broken multi-tasking and Sense reloading at least twice a day) are just killing me.

I'll stick it out with hopes that HTC has a fix coming soon...

Try using a Launcher. If you aren't the hacking type, a launcher is the best way to stop the Sense Memory Dump. Nova Launcher works great on this phone!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
... and I don't think it can be fixed in software.

At the risk of throwing this thread off track and turning it into Yet Another Multitasking Thread, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that statement. If a phone with a 600 Mhz single core and 528 megs of RAM (aka Optimus S) can run ICS and multitask just fine, this phone will most certainly be able to run it. The problem is Sense, which is software. Get rid of Sense, run a vanilla ICS ROM like CM9 when it's ready, and the problem will be solved.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't a crash cause it to reload?

And how can you be sure that there will be no fix? Everything that I've read places the multitasking issues on Sense (which is software) which should be fixable with some type of update. And even if it isn't, a good AOSP ROM certainly should, since they seemed to work extremely well on the OG EVO's 512 of RAM.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say i'm still loving the evo.. My buddy played with it today and was impressed with the camera and screen compared to his galaxy nexus..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non