Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

Was incredibly impressed with this phone at first... Super thin and light, incredibly smooth, nice cam and the screen just blew me away. Weeks later and Im still loving it. Phone still flies, and the battery is consistently amazing. It has never let me down in real world use,unlike my old evo 3d did (random reboot when i needed to gps a mechanic for a large group, wait 3 minutes for reboot then no gps lock haha). Quadrant of over 5300... And im still bone stock. This thing will fly with the right rom. Dont think any phone Ive ever owned has wowed me for this long. Anybody else feel this way about the device?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?-uploadfromtaptalk1339609352792.jpg  

Default Re: Anybody else continuously impressed with this phone?

jupp like it too...! still!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

My complaints are none, and I've had the phone since the pre-orders landed. I'm still smitten by the way it looks, how it feels, how it performs, how quickly I can open the camera app and start shooting pictures. The kickstand is still one of my favorite features, and gets used all the time.

Hell, I've even gone to using the stock Music app from Winamp.

The E4GLTE is a great phone. No complaints here.

My only problem with it is the multitasking issue

Quote Originally Posted by miicho85 View Post
    My only problem with it is the multitasking issue
    Use the home key instead, not the multitasking key.
    dskwerl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Galaxy View Post
    For some of us, that just triggers the Sense reloading issue about thirty percent of the time

I like the EVO LTE having upgraded from the OG EVO, but those two problems (broken multi-tasking and Sense reloading at least twice a day) are just killing me.

I'll stick it out with hopes that HTC has a fix coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Galaxy View Post
    The home key just takes you to the home screen. Long press now does nothing. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    The home key just takes you to the home screen. Long press now does nothing. Am I missing something?
    Returning to the home screen and opening the app from the app's icon seems to yield better results from using the "recent apps" feature.
    Thanked by 2:

I love this phone. Seems some of the bugs were coming from live wallpaper making sense freeze. I still have multi tasking issues every now and then, but open the apps from the icons instead of the multitasking button.

The screen is amazing and I just bought the cruzerlite green case, which looks amazing and feels amazing. Gets a lot of attention.

I wish the internet browser was like the old evo. The new browser is sluggish and hopefully it gets fixed.

The kickstand rocks!

Lets just hope HTC sends a fix for multitasking, browser performance, and sense crashing, and this will be the best phone ever!

My only gripe is no menu button and that's something they should have kept like the gs3 kept. I can't use go launcher because of it.

Some of the bugs and issues people are having are well documented in other threads, and I share some of those frustrations (ohai multitasking).

BUT

Overall I abso-freaken-lutely love this phone. I find myself waking it just to admire the display, from how it seems to be painted on top of the glass to the ridiculous viewing angles to how everything is so crisp and clean. I love how it feels in hand and how everything runs buttery-smooth. Even my iPhone-loving wife comments on how much she likes it.
    smgoma and houstonwino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    Some of the bugs and issues people are having are well documented in other threads, and I share some of those frustrations (ohai multitasking).

BUT

Overall I abso-freaken-lutely love this phone. I find myself waking it just to admire the display, from how it seems to be painted on top of the glass to the ridiculous viewing angles to how everything is so crisp and clean. I love how it feels in hand and how everything runs buttery-smooth. Even my iPhone-loving wife comments on how much she likes it.
    True... My girlfriend is an iPhone worshiping goddess, but she absolutely loves my phone and loves the display.

She thinks its complicated though. I told her the iPhone option is the apps icon... Just press and there's your iPhone... Just icons full of apps.

Lets just hope HTC sends a fix for multitasking, browser performance, and sense crashing, and this will be the best phone ever!
    Sense isn't crashing, it's reloading. And there will be no fix. This phone does not have enough RAM to operate properly, end of story.

After loading up 3 tabs you're looking at nearly 180MB of RAM usage, and there goes everything. The only partial fix will be an AOSP ROM, but even that will be limited. I'm investigating the hell out of this and I don't think it can be fixed in software.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post
    Sense isn't crashing, it's reloading. And there will be no fix. This phone does not have enough RAM to operate properly, end of story.

After loading up 3 tabs you're looking at nearly 180MB of RAM usage, and there goes everything. The only partial fix will be an AOSP ROM, but even that will be limited. I'm investigating the hell out of this and I don't think it can be fixed in software.
    If this is truly a hardware issue that can't be overcome by software tweaks then how was it handled before Sense 4.0 and ICS were released?

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

I cannot agree with the sluggish browser comment. Relative browser speed is, of course, dependent on internet connection speed. On my home WiFi my EVO4GLTE browser is quite noticeably faster than my EVO4G. Anyone else notice this?
    Uncle Louie and Va1ha11a like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrev View Post
    For some of us, that just triggers the Sense reloading issue about thirty percent of the time

I like the EVO LTE having upgraded from the OG EVO, but those two problems (broken multi-tasking and Sense reloading at least twice a day) are just killing me.

I'll stick it out with hopes that HTC has a fix coming soon...
    Try using a Launcher. If you aren't the hacking type, a launcher is the best way to stop the Sense Memory Dump. Nova Launcher works great on this phone!

... and I don't think it can be fixed in software.
    At the risk of throwing this thread off track and turning it into Yet Another Multitasking Thread, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that statement. If a phone with a 600 Mhz single core and 528 megs of RAM (aka Optimus S) can run ICS and multitask just fine, this phone will most certainly be able to run it. The problem is Sense, which is software. Get rid of Sense, run a vanilla ICS ROM like CM9 when it's ready, and the problem will be solved.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Doesn't a crash cause it to reload?

And how can you be sure that there will be no fix? Everything that I've read places the multitasking issues on Sense (which is software) which should be fixable with some type of update. And even if it isn't, a good AOSP ROM certainly should, since they seemed to work extremely well on the OG EVO's 512 of RAM.

Anything can be fixed...

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Just wanted to say i'm still loving the evo.. My buddy played with it today and was impressed with the camera and screen compared to his galaxy nexus..

If I were to root and install a custom ROM, will I still be able to use the awesome camera features, like burst, snap a photo while shooting video and the camera button?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfleet Captain View Post
    If I were to root and install a custom ROM, will I still be able to use the awesome camera features, like burst, snap a photo while shooting video and the camera button?
    If it's a Sense-based ROM, it's most likely that those features would be preserved. If it's a vanilla android or CM9 based ROM, well then it depends on how the dev implements the camera functions, which will depend on how easy it is to extract those out of Sense and integrate them into their respective ROM.
    In the beginning, I was dead set on waiting for a CM9 port, but now I'm leaning towards a debloated/tweaked/tuned Sense-based ROM that preserves the great camera features, among other things.
    I'm chomping at the bit to scratch my ROM-flashing itch with some of the offerings over on XDA; I just haven't had the time to do so yet.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AFR_NY View Post
    Try using a Launcher. If you aren't the hacking type, a launcher is the best way to stop the Sense Memory Dump. Nova Launcher works great on this phone!
    Not true at all. A launcher does not keep sense from continuing to run in the background. I've installed the Nova launcher and the HTC sense multitasking is still there. Until you replace the ROM with one that has sense removed it will still be using resources in the background.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

I was honestly un-impressed at first. I came from an epic Touch and had the hardest time switching from an SAMOLED screen. But as time went by the Evo LTE impressed me more and more each day. Most of what I love about the new EVO do not immediately jump out at you.

1) Sturdy build quality. I never minded Samsung plastics. I kind of preferred it because it generally made a phone lighter. After not using my epic Touch for a couple of days I picked it back up and was disgusted. How could I have ever liked plastics over sturdy materials??

2) The SLCD2 screen. Sure it's not SAMOLED but give it a week and you wont want to go back. The Epic touch looks horribly pixel-ated and saturated now. What was I thinking?

3) Radios. It's nice to be able to receive calls where I could not earlier. To not have to reboot just to get GPS working. The FM radio is also a huge plus as I listen to music often and sprint's data is not sufficient for streaming with low signal

4) Camera. It was hard to take a good picture. With some tweaking and getting use to it they just look so much better now

5) Kickstand. Use it more and more everyday. I have IP cams in my house and generally leave my phone constantly getting a live stream to keep an eye on things. Having my phone propped up is just big icing on the cake

well damn...i could go on forever as I continue to find things I love about it

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juli swet View Post
    I always pay attention to all these fantastic encounters about how fantastic G07 displays are, and
    I just don't see it independently. I've had nothing but issues out of G07's
    over the years. Nowadays I was running on one, it had a affordable image but
    needed a capkit and wouldn't connect, so I put a capkit in, and then can't get
    the connect to variety up quite right on the overall action, so as I'm modifying the
    vertical bring, the notice just goes vacant. Still seems to be like it's on, but
    no image. Turn the overall action off, coming back on, notice comes up progressively going.
    Adjust the immediately bring, display goes dead again. Now the notice won't
    show an image even though I can pay attention to it's on and there's no connects provided.
    Um. What?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast