Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    yocubed's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Ghost Armor Matte backing

    So I got my ghost armor matte skin for the back of the phone in today and I must say I'm quite impressed. It's a wet apply design but I just took the NFC cover off to install. I only put the NFC cover skin on in the pic and while not a total match for the anodized aluminum it is 1000% better than the glossy cover. Here's a quick picture of it on my phone. Click it for a larger image


    I got it from Ghost Armor's website here

    and it came as an added bonus with 2 screen protectors and a sleek white microfiber pouch that fits the phone

    All told I'm very satisfied with Ghost Armor and would highly recommend them
    bc2k likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    How much did you pay for it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    yocubed's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    my final total was $23.

    I used promo code ga4life to get 20% off but shipping was $5 and they add tax if you have a ghost armor store in your state

    They have free shipping for orders over 29.99
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Looks good, now go put your case on it anyway.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    This is worth of a first post on here. My question is does it cover both the top and bottom of the device. If so, is there a reason you didnt put it on (ugly, didnt match, etc.) I seriously wanna buy this. Also, how hard was it to install, easier than an invisibleshield or what? Thanks

    Edit: Also, how does it feel? Better than the bottom or worse? Sorry for all the questions, i just have bad luck with device accesories.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Wow, that looks really good I would use that but I really like the blue gel case that the sprint store had.
    delthor7 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Now that's an ugly a$$ look. The original high gloss top looks much more elegant and matches the bottom half better. This looks like a charcoal brick that is half burned. YUK.!!.
    ffejjj likes this.
  8. #8  
    S1LENT's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    thanks for posting this. It honestly look way better with the matte finish.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    This has me thinking. What about plasti dip? I wonder if that would match the bottom half just as good/better. Best part is you can get a can at Home Depot for around $5. I have some trim exterior panels on my car dipped and it looks good, not sure how i't be on a phone. Best part if you don't like it, you can just peel it right off.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMonroe View Post
    Now that's an ugly a$$ look. The original high gloss top looks much more elegant and matches the bottom half better. This looks like a charcoal brick that is half burned. YUK.!!.
    <sigh>

    Seriously? You couldn't read it, look at the photo, decide you didn't like it and just move on?

    At least we won't be seeing you post any more in this thread...
    I can either be 'smart,' or I can be 'pretty.' Today, we're going with 'pretty.'
    Thanked by 2:
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SF Steven View Post
    <sigh>

    Seriously? You couldn't read it, look at the photo, decide you didn't like it and just move on?

    At least we won't be seeing you post any more in this thread...
    Honestly everyone is entitled to an opinion and I agree. it doesn't look as good so its not for me. ill save my money. if you dig it enjoy. I roll with a case regardless
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Quote Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
    ... Here's a quick picture of it on my phone. Click it for a larger image

    Tad off topic, but that's a Dell XPS that your evo is on right?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Nice work. I like it.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Wonder if you could simply sand the cover to give it a matte look... Would be a total PITA to work around the lens tho.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    yocubed's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Sorry for taking a while to get back I'll try to answer a few questions

    My question is does it cover both the top and bottom of the device. If so, is there a reason you didnt put it on (ugly, didnt match, etc.) I seriously wanna buy this. Also, how hard was it to install, easier than an invisibleshield or what?
    It comes with pieces for the NFC cover, kickstand, both bottom pieces and the upper portion of the front above the glass (basically to cover all the aluminum). I didn't put the other pieces on because I liked the look of it with just the top on. Though I might try the other pieces to see what they look like on the phone. It actually feels really good in the hand. The matte finish feels slightly grippier than the bare aluminum but much closer than the glossy back did.

    The install was very similar to prior invisible shield installs I've done and the XO skin screen install I did on the same phone. You can take the cover off and apply the skin so that you don't have to worry about getting the internals wet, which is the route I'd actually recommend.

    Tad off topic, but that's a Dell XPS that your evo is on right?
    Yep that's my XPS 15 I bought last year. I love the thing. The 1080p screen is beautiful.

    Wonder if you could simply sand the cover to give it a matte look... Would be a total PITA to work around the lens tho.
    I believe it was on XDA that I read about someone who sanded the back down with 600 grit and it came out looking very close to the original aluminum look. I'd be too worried I'd mess it up though so I took the easier, if not more expensive, way out.

    [HL]Stay tuned because I'm going to put the rest on later today and update this thread with new pictures. [/HL]
    Last edited by yocubed; 06-14-2012 at 05:22 AM.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Nice... I might consider doing this.
  17. #17  
    bigdatl's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Do you guys think you can use a belt clip with this on the EVO 4G LTE?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Quote Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
    So I got my ghost armor matte skin for the back of the phone in today and I must say I'm quite impressed. It's a wet apply design but I just took the NFC cover off to install. I only put the NFC cover skin on in the pic and while not a total match for the anodized aluminum it is 1000% better than the glossy cover. Here's a quick picture of it on my phone. Click it for a larger image


    I got it from Ghost Armor's website here

    and it came as an added bonus with 2 screen protectors and a sleek white microfiber pouch that fits the phone

    All told I'm very satisfied with Ghost Armor and would highly recommend them
    That doesn't look too bad at all. I actually think mine looks a lot better though. I bought a Zagg invisible shield with the front and back protectors. Interestingly the back protector basically converted the top glossy half to the same exact color as the bottom. So now the back has one uniformed matted color with absolutely no variation, only the kickstand stands out. Looks like it came that way. I will try to upload a pic when I get home.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    I wonder how the Carbon fiber skin would look.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    yocubed's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Here's the updated pics with the full install, now the back looks nearly uniform in color. Again I'd highly recommend Ghost Armor even though they are a little on the pricey side. Still well worth it in my opinion, and a much safer option when compared to sanding it. I can always peel it off and return it completely to stock in about a minutes time.
    I was completely happy with my EVO how it was in the initial pics and this makes it look even better.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    It would be nice if ghost armor's site worked in chrome or firefox. Who makes a site that only works in IE these days? It's hard to give my money to a company that's so ignorant when it comes to their web development. Doesn't give me great confidence in their products.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Quote Originally Posted by jonyah View Post
    It would be nice if ghost armor's site worked in chrome or firefox. Who makes a site that only works in IE these days? It's hard to give my money to a company that's so ignorant when it comes to their web development. Doesn't give me great confidence in their products.
    Their website works fine in Firefox for me....
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Using it in chrome right now. Seems to work perfectly.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Quote Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
    Here's the updated pics with the full install, now the back looks nearly uniform in color. Again I'd highly recommend Ghost Armor even though they are a little on the pricey side. Still well worth it in my opinion, and a much safer option when compared to sanding it. I can always peel it off and return it completely to stock in about a minutes time.
    I was completely happy with my EVO how it was in the initial pics and this makes it look even better.
    Now, that look very nice, uniformed looks better lol... Very similar to how mines look except this might be a little darker. Looks very impressive.
  25. #25  
    zjaksn10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Ghost Armor Matte backing

    Someone post the Carbon Fiber skin plz!!! Matte looks pretty sweet but I'm trying to make up my mind on the white or black carbon fiber.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B