PowerAmp + other apps = Extremely distorted sound

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So when I'm playing music on PowerAmp and then go into certain games (Temple Run is the worst offender), even when they're muted, the sound gets extremely loud and distorted. It also happens when I'm running with music playing and Endomondo chimes in with distance and time every mile. Same goes for any other audible notifications that come in while I'm listening to PowerAmp. This does not happen with the stock music player.

Anyone else have similar issues with PowerAmp?

EDIT: Solved in post 5. Thanks bntran02!

had a problem where changing volumes made it weird for a second. What fixed it for me was disabling the "Direct Volume Control" setting. Maybe it's something similar for you

PowerAmp -> Settings -> Audio Engine -> Advanced Tweaks -> Direct Volume Control

Last edited:

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I use Power Amp with no problems. Try going to the equalizer setting and take the scroll bar on the left hand side down a bit. I have mine set just below half way.

Reactions: kbp08tls

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I use Power Amp with no problems. Try going to the equalizer setting and take the scroll bar on the left hand side down a bit. I have mine set just below half way.

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now everything is default; I just haven't had a chance to play around with settings to try to fully isolate what's going on, whether it has something to do with PowerAmp EQ settings interfering with Beats or something else.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So when I'm playing music on PowerAmp and then go into certain games (Temple Run is the worst offender), even when they're muted, the sound gets extremely loud and distorted. It also happens when I'm running with music playing and Endomondo chimes in with distance and time every mile. Same goes for any other audible notifications that come in while I'm listening to PowerAmp. This does not happen with the stock music player.

Have the same exact problem. I use DoubleTwist and it happens mostly with Temple Run. I get it with notification sounds as well.

I was thinking Beats maybe the culprit but not usre.

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem where changing volumes made it weird for a second. What fixed it for me was disabling the "Direct Volume Control" setting. Maybe it's something similar for you

PowerAmp -> Settings -> Audio Engine -> Advanced Tweaks -> Direct Volume Control

Hopefully that helps

Reactions: kbp08tls

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem where changing volumes made it weird for a second. What fixed it for me was disabling the "Direct Volume Control" setting. Maybe it's something similar for you

Hopefully that helps

That fixed it. Thanks!

Jon Hilz

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site

EDIT: Solved in post 5. Thanks bntran02!

Just wanted to add that I've had an issue with ALL sound being distorted from Poweramp regardless of context. Disabling DVC solved the problem for me.

Brian Kendall1

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
I also have the same problem. Disabling DVC fixed it. I purchased a Bluedio CS-4 Bluetooth Speaker and was trying to return it, thinking that the speaker was toasted. Sadly I've been a professional musician and engineer, my whole life and it wasn't the speaker / companys fault, it was a software issue. Another lesson learned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad