EVO LTE Quadrant score beats HTC One X

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded my HTC EVO 4G to the new HTC EVO 4G LTE today. I'm pretty impressed with it so far for the few hours I've had with it. I thought I'd post some comparisons of the Quadrant result against my OG EVO 4G (for what its worth). The EVO 4G LTE bench-marked 4989 to the OG EVO 4G's 911. Also according to Quadrant's results the EVO LTE bench-marked higher than the HTC One X.

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
You are probably comparing to the International version of the One X, which uses the slower (but more cores!!!!!!) Tegra processor. The scores for the USA version of the One X, should be almost identical to the Evo LTE.

Reactions: charlesspivak1

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You are probably comparing to the International version of the One X, which uses the slower (but more cores!!!!!!) Tegra processor. The scores for the USA version of the One X, should be almost identical to the Evo LTE.

I love your sarcasm of the "(but more cores!!!!!!) since everyone gets all crazy about that. Nearly fell off this flimsy chair...

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, Tegra 3 *is* faster on Custom ROM... :D HTC One X Tegra 3 TrickDroid ROM... :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-06-23.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-06-23.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 28

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, Tegra 3 *is* faster on Custom ROM... :D HTC One X Tegra 3 TrickDroid ROM... :cool:

It is faster on a benchmark... which is not the real world :)
That is the problem with multiple cores. Unless you are using threaded processing a lot, the extra cores contribute little to real-world performance. However, in benchmarks, more cores can make a HUGE difference.

An analogy is: There is a 25% faster two-seater car vs a 25% slower four-seater car, both owned by people who use them daily and have no wife/SO/children/etc and do not carpool. 99+% of their time, the two-seater will have a superior amount of people-moving performance- one person at a time could get where they need to go faster. But in the rare case you need to move a lot of people, the four-seater car will have much more people-moving capacity- although it gets where it is going slower, when it gets there it has done twice as much work for you; the two-seater would have to make two full trips.

So which is better? Answer: It depends on how it is used.