Quote Originally Posted by tpavlic View Post
Could it be the Google Now integration? Enabling Google Now means that inside your Maps->Location settings, location reporting is automatically turned on. Some people report turning off all automatic location reporting (including location history) largely mitigates the problem (but Maps still shows up more than usual).

Also, some have suggested going into ROM Toolbox's Auto-start manager and disabling four of the services (1, 3, 4, and 7, I believe) that relate to automatic location reporting.

Finally, I haven't tried it myself, but I think that the app "Backitude" will still work with the latest version of Maps and JB/Google Now. Backitude is available in the Play Store. From what I understand, you set location services to "manual" and then Backitude does the updating for you. Backitude can report your location in a more battery efficient way -- e.g., by "stealing" recent locations from LinkedIn check-ins or times you've actually opened maps yourself.
Sorry, just saw this. I have had Google now disabled since getting the phone :-P

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums