Google Wallet question

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know many EVO 4G LTE owners are like me and can't get the Google prepaid card added, but this question is not about that...

When you use Google Wallet, what happens if your device can't get a network connection? Is a network connection required on the device, or is a connection on the merchant side of the transaction enough?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes mikey,
you need to have at least the 3G connection. If there is no connection it will say something like "fund balance unavailable"

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know this because I usually use wifi at home and on atleast 2 occasions I for got to toggle 3G on. But as soon as I toggle 3G and it connects my balance appears.

On a side note have you tired clearing your Google wallet data? That or are you rooted?
If your rooted you can try the GW work around on the xda site

freedumb87

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You should not need a connection to pay for something using the phone's secure element. The merchant's pay pass device connects to your phone using the NFC chip, not the normal data connection. I do believe your screen will need to be powered on before the NFC antenna is activated. You would also need to enter your google wallet PIN before authorizing payment.

However, for you to view transaction history within the application, you would need some sort of data connection.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It didn't let me use Google wallet to pay with out a balance there. Unless it is a different when paying with a Citi credit card? I don't know because I don't have that master card.
I used the paypass method and I can confirm(for me anyway) it won't let you pay unless
There's a balance showing in your account.
For me if there is no 3G connection? There will
be a balance unavailable message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL