Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I hope and pray you're wrong!
    That would be a very terrible idea.

You flash a rom, phone freezes, now you have to wait for a really good battery to die to diagnose the problem.

You are out and about, battery dies. Can't just switch them out, you have to find an outlet or carry one of those bulky external batteries.

This is a trend that should crash and burn.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Hold down the power button acts as a battery pull, so no worries when flashing.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Hold down the power button acts as a battery pull, so no worries when flashing.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, saved me & my Evo from a panic attack.....:beer::thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Another pointless thread and wasted bandwidth.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Evo LTE's languishing on store shelves

There is still the reset when you get a lockup. Not positive of the exact button(s) (Power/Volume Up/Down) but it will reset/restart the device in this situation.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

During an EVO commercial just now it said more than 7 million people enjoy the new EVO. I'm guessing they mean more than 7 million sold as of the commercial's airing? Is that good, great or average sales?

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v1.1

I would assume they wouldn't advertise average sales. And if it's true not a shabby start for sales assuming these numbers for last year's sales are accurate.

List of best-selling mobile phones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post
    The OP is right on!

I just drove past the Honda dealer and there were plenty of different Hondas in stock. They must be having major issues selling cars. I expected the lot to be empty if they were good products.
    Lol. Owned.

EVOLTE and AC FTW!

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

And lot of people, like my daughter, are waiting to physically see an S3 and an EVO 4G LTE side by side. It should be interesting to see the Evo sales after the S3 is out (good or bad). I went with HTC because my last Sammy had issues... For another thread.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    I called a few stores in the Baltimore/DC area out if curiosity. Was told at each store that there is plenty in stock. But don't take my word for it. Call your local Sprint and Best Buy stores. The LTE is not even being aggressively marketed.
    How many Evo LTE ads did you see on TV today?
    Is Sprint saving its ad money for a massive Samsung SIII media blitz.
    just because they have stock in your area doesn't mean its not selling, I checked with my friend who works for Sprint Corporate in KC today, the EVO LTE is selling very well nationwide across all sales channels. In fact, while I was picking mine up there were 3 other people getting it as well. I was #30 on the preorder list at my store and signed up on opening day (around 6pm) for preorders.

Also, I have seen several EVO LTE commercials already, Sprint is definitely pushing the new EVO.

Like someone else mentioned, this is a pointless thread as this guy has no clue what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 06-18-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers View Post
    Troll alert; just because they have stock in your area doesn't mean its not selling, I checked with my friend who works for Sprint Corporate in KC today, the EVO LTE is selling very well nationwide across all sales channels. In fact, while I was picking mine up there were 3 other people getting it as well. I was #30 on the preorder list at my store and signed up on opening day (around 6pm) for preorders.

Also, I have seen several EVO LTE commercials already, Sprint is definitely pushing the new EVO.

Like someone else mentioned, this is a pointless thread as this guy has no clue what he's talking about.
    What you think we don't know that.....

Reading the post of the Honda's sitting on the lot just made my day, love these forums, never know what you'll get

Funny thread, funnier responses.

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    During an EVO commercial just now it said more than 7 million people enjoy the new EVO. I'm guessing they mean more than 7 million sold as of the commercial's airing? Is that good, great or average sales?
    That seems kind of high. This phone is only sold on one network in the world and just came out.
    Last edited by calvin35; 06-18-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin35 View Post
    That seems kind of high. This phone is only sold on one network in the world and just came out.
    Your guess is better than mine I have no idea. This is the quote from that commercial:

"Over 7 million people have unlimited love for EVO, and now you can join them with the new HTC EVO 4G LTE exclusively from Sprint."

Not bad considering the note only sold 5 million...

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Evo seems to not be selling as well as HTC would have liked. And the HOX for that matter too.

The Evo is a rebranded HOX. HTC as already and came out and said the sales are not doing as well as thry would have liked. With the Evo AND HOX. They had a press release when they released there numbers for the year so far. They blamed Apple for the slow sales and part of that is correct. The other part is how the phone works. IMO I returned the HOX due to multitasking issues.

Now thats not to say that the EVO/HOX Is not selling well. I'm sure its selling good...Just it should have been a lot better in the eyes of HTC...Seeing there numbers and all. AC also did a report about this I believe.

Cheers...

7 million thats not bd for three weeks on the market...HTC is doing great if you ask me....:thumbup:

Not really surprised. HTC hasn't really had a big seller here since the first Evo. Samsung pretty much ran away with it on the GS2 and will likely do the same again this year. The buzz around here has been pretty mum with the phone though, hardly any advertising at all. Even in the corporate store when I went in there to look at it they weren't even trying to push the phone at all. I think right about now Sprint is just concerned about meeting that iPhone quota for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    Your guess is better than mine I have no idea. This is the quote from that commercial:
    That line obviously doesn't mean the sales for the Evo LTE. It says Evo... I guess you forget that the Evo is a line of phones for Sprint. Thus them following it up by saying you can join them by getting the LTE. The likelihood that they've actually sold 7 million of these is slim to none.

ROM
    Stock

It seems, from the context of the quote, that they are referencing the Evo brand in totality selling seven million, not the new Evo.
    Anyone want to confirm that by searching the internet?

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515

We already know it's a success, why waste your time... Just sayin

This just in!!! I phones and Ipads are not selling because I went to sprint and best buy and they told me they have tons of stock on all sizes and colors. Wow lol

geauxlsutigers likes this.

Checked internet and sales for Evo 4G LTE are not available as of yet, it's way to soon... They didn't go on sale until 5/26/12

Last edited by Mercury81; 06-18-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Actually I DO love and wanted the new evo but I'm a power user and I highly doubt the battery would last all day.

It was just stupid to remove the feature.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It does last all day for me and I'm a power user.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Visited a couple of high volume Sprint stores in the DC AREA area and a Best Buy. The reps claim that noone is interested in the Evo LTE. I was told that people take a look at it and move on. One rep in a Sprint store said the staff was told to push the Evo but are having little success, which one rep attributes to lack of advertising. He said some customers have called it "ugly" or asked, "What is that?" The rep said as soon as they received the first shipment he knew it would be a struggle to sell the Evo LTE based on the polarizing design. He says the general public comes in searching for cool looking phones. Very few are concerned with the inner workings of a device. The vast majority are concerned with aesthetics as opposed to features. If it can text, take photos, get them on Facebook and twitter and it looks hot, they're sold. The rep says HTC is gonna take a financial hit with this device, especially due to an absence of widespread marketing.
    Whose to blame?
    A friend on Dallas is in the market for a new phone. I told him he should check out the EvoLTE. A couple days later I asked him about it and he replied, "Man that thing is hideous! " That's the general public. HTC needs to get back to basics. I'm not sure if they can afford to tweak the design at this point.
    It's well known that both Sprint and HTC are cash strapped, but they have to muster some sort of effort to get the word out about the Evo, especially since Samsung SIII is looming, and we know they have deep pockets, are massively popular right now and won't have problems marketing and moving products.
    I still have the OG Evo (my son uses it), I bought my girlfriend the Evo 3D and I currently use the SII.
    Hopefully HTC/Sprint will soon roll out a media blitz. Hell if only to let Apple know that it didn't win. That's worth going broke over.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast