Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    Perhaps you can provide the link to the comprehensive survey of "the masses" with regard to the EVO LTE.
    Read any tech sites and people's comments on the aesthetics. Its painfully obvious what the masses think of the design. Its not even worth argueing over.

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    No cop out here, this is exactly what was repeatedly pointed out when the phone was first reviewed/unveiled. Seriously if this is the primary concern? Well honestly considering where this thread started I'm certainly not surprised where it has gone.
    I've repeatedly said its not my primary concern. Stop trying to play it off otherwise. It is a strawman arguement plain and simple. No denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Where do get the tech design is anything
    Other than Brillant. The kick stand design is unique in the design as its the metal exterior to show strength and form. Capacitive camera button is also a clever design feature and the sealed interior to keep moisture from being a factor is very welcome being that so many android end up with that as an issue. So you have Brilliant, strength, form, durability so started up into android why anyone not be attracted to such a fine design.:thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    Let me clarify, the aesthetic design. As I said, I live everything else about this phone, but there is no denying the general consensus when it comes to the aesthetics of this phone is dislike bordering on disgust. As stated earlier, just read the comments on any tech site article about the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers View Post
    If you are having battery issues, check your Advanced WiFi settings and turn off Best WiFi Performance. There was a thread about it and no one has figured out what it does except drain the battery. I was getting about 13 hours with it on and medium / heavy use, since I turned it off I have been getting 22 - 24 hours. Today its been a mix of 3G, voice calls, 20+ text msgs, FB & Twitter, some app use, web browsing for ~3 hours, an hour on YouTube, an hour on Sprint TV and Bluetooth paired to the car for an hour. The phone has been on for 17hr 54min hours with 33% left.

I have been truly impressed with the battery life on this phone as I thought it was going to be a problem with the non-removable battery.
    Another clarification, I am not having battery life issues. I meant an issue with the battery being non-removable. Although I have no idea at all how people are getting battery life like you, I am okay with what I am getting. How many hours do you have the screen on?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Evo LTE's languishing on store shelves

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Read any tech sites and people's comments on the aesthetics. Its painfully obvious what the masses think of the design. Its not even worth argueing over.
    In other words, you don't have any legitimate citation to back up your claim that "the masses" don't like the design. Instead, we are just supposed to trust your confirmation bias because of comments on some tech sites.

Well, then here's an easier request: please provide a citation that "the masses" regularly read and comment on tech sites.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

In other words, you don't have any legitimate citation to back up your claim that "the masses" don't like the design. Instead, we are just supposed to trust your confirmation bias because of comments on some tech sites.

Well, then here's an easier request: please provide a citation that "the masses" regularly read and comment on tech sites.
    No, in other words, I've done the reading, its not my place to educate you. If you didn't read the reviews and comments on any and all tech sites, you can just keep claiming ignorance I guess. Just keep the blinders on, lol.

"The masses" are a lot more diverse and and there is a much larger sampling size on tech sites then on the EVO LTE message boards, lol.

I'm done, I really don't care, I didn't even want to get into this to begin with, just point out the strawman arguement of "you're going to put a case on it anyway" is just that. If that's the best argument people can come up with in defense of the aesthetics of this phone, that says a lot.

I love them phone, and will figure something out to get rid of the horrible piano black back cover.

No, in other words, I've done the reading, its not my place to educate you. If you didn't read the reviews and comments on any and all tech sites, you can just keep claiming ignorance I guess. Just keep the blinders on, lol.

"The masses" are a lot more diverse and and there is a much larger sampling size on tech sites then on the EVO LTE message boards, lol.

I'm done, I really don't care, I didn't even want to get into this to begin with, just point out the strawman arguement of "you're going to put a case on it anyway" is just that. If that's the best argument people can come up with in defense of the aesthetics of this phone, that says a lot.

I love them phone, and will figure something out to get rid of the horrible piano black back cover.

Ok, so what battery issues are you having then?

Sprint/HTC should put out a report telling people how many ELTEs they've sold. I'm curious. I'll be picking mine up next month.

Sent from my PG86100.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Ok, so what battery issues are you having then?

I clarified that earlier, I wasn't referring to issues with the battery, rather the issue if it being non removable. Not that big a real for me, but not ideal.

I clarified that earlier, I wasn't referring to issues with the battery, rather the issue if it being non removable. Not that big a real for me, but not ideal.

Good to hear your happy with the battery...:beer::thumbup:

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v1.1

Obviously, the design is polarizing. I think that is common knowledge, at this point. People either love it or hate it ... and, to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least it's far from boring. If you don't like it (or if what others think of it determine its worth to you) then don't buy it and keep it moving.

Quote Originally Posted by getitoutme2 View Post
    Obviously, the design is polarizing. I think that is common knowledge, at this point. People either love it or hate it ... and, to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least it's far from boring. If you don't like it (or if what others think of it determine its worth to you) then don't buy it and keep it moving.
    Well said...:thumbup:

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

I actually very much like the way the phone looks, am not using any sort of case on it, nor do I have any plans to.

Many of my friends are somewhat surprised by that--Though none of them ever mention how the phone looks in regards to the use of a case; protection is always the main concern.

As far as how well the phone may or may not be selling for Sprint/HTC, I care about it in as much as a better selling phone should mean slightly longer lasting support, and that I'd like to see HTC do well so that they will be around to maker better phones for years to come.

I hope Sprint has a better marketing campaign for the Evo. As I've said, I'm not terribly impressed with the current ad.

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

Not defensive at all. The exterior looks are obviously a minimal issue to me, I already stated that, lol. I'm just pointing out that the "you're going to cover it with a case anyway" is a strawman arguement. You aren't argueing that the design is actually good. It actually strengthens the poor design position.

I really didn't want to start this one up again. Just pointing out the fact that the design has been beat up by pretty much every tech site and most that have seen it that aren't biased, and that the case arguement is a cop out. I bought the phone because I like the specs. The masses look at it and think "ugh"

you know both of you guys are correct take the the iphone all glass cant really get physical damage ins on it but people purchase it and you have to be an ***** not to put a case on it cause you will shatter that thing...

Crzycrkr ,Just point us to all these articles on the design issues you are adamant about reposting but can't back up....

Regardless of where the thread has gone, it all still begs the question:

"So what if it is languishing on store shelves?"
    The "so what" is that Sprint is a business. They make money off of phones that sell not phones that look good sitting in boxes in a warehouse. And considering the 3D didn't sell well either, declining sales means them being less likely to go to HTC in the future for their "flagship" phone. It may not seem like a big deal now until the Galaxy line is the only one Sprint has since they sell and HTC doesn't. Since the Evo in the states HTC has been struggling while Samsung is booming. Hell Samsung and Apple alone are pulling 90% of smartphone profits right now. So yea, you definitely DON'T want to see HTC continuing to have poor sales but that seems to be the case. I've only seen one of these new Evos out and about so definitely not good.
    Thanked by:

I personally know ten new Evo4GLTE owners in my own circle. If you look at the design of the iPhone and compare how many are still on the shelves at Sprint store, you will be pretty surprised....just sayin :beer::thumbup:

I personally know ten new Evo4GLTE owners in my own circle. If you look at the design of the iPhone and compare how many are still on the shelves at Sprint store, you will be pretty surprised....just sayin :beer::thumbup:

Yea, and I knew some folks that had the 3D and it still sold poorly just like this phone is. And regardless of how many iphones are on the shelves it's already proven to be Sprint's biggest seller and is the reason why it's given the main priority now. These telecom companies don't buy these phones for popularity, they buy them to make money off of them. And that is the reason why every carrier loves the iphone no matter how much people here dislike it, not a single phone can outsell it. When the first 4G one drops this year you will see the difference between how much support they have and how much support HTC has pretty easily.

Unfortunately Apple's delay hurt this phone's initial sales. The fact that the GSIII is coming out so soon made people pause before buying this device.

Once more is known about the Galaxy I predict the EVO sales will pick up.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
    Unfortunately Apple's delay hurt this phone's initial sales. The fact that the GSIII is coming out so soon made people pause before buying this device.

Once more is known about the Galaxy I predict the EVO sales will pick up.
    You're definitely right about the GSIII having something to do with the sales. I'm not sure what will happen once it comes out though. Based on the few polls I've seen, it seems like the majority out there favor Samsung. Hell, the previous model sales prove that. I believe AC had a poll a few weeks ago and the GSIII won in a landslide

You're definitely right about the GSIII having something to do with the sales. I'm not sure what will happen once it comes out though. Based on the few polls I've seen, it seems like the majority out there favor Samsung. Hell, the previous model sales prove that. I believe AC had a poll a few weeks ago and the GSIII won in a landslide

Samsung will sell a TON, but there will be those that waited and decided to buy the Evo instead. Just the Ghost of a phone out there is keeping some sales from HTC.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
    Samsung will sell a TON, but there will be those that waited and decided to buy the Evo instead. Just the Ghost of a phone out there is keeping some sales from HTC.
    Oh. I don't doubt there will be increased sales for HTC after the GSIII releases, I just wonder how much of an increase

The average phone buyer, when comparing phones in the store, will simply look at the screens and choose the gaudy, oversaturated AMOLED over a sharper more color accurate screen every time.

Those that frequent these forums are not even close to being an average buyer. We are but a tiny percentage of overall sales.
    Last edited by TraderGary; 06-19-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Thanked by:
    crxssi and keontaesdad like this.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    The average phone buyer, when comparing phones in the store, will simply look at the screens and choose the gaudy, oversaturated AMOLED over a sharper more color accurate screen every time.

Those that frequent these forums are not even close to being an average buyer. We are but a tiny percentage of overall sales.
    Agreed. You can get the AMOLED colors set well with Voodoo

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

There's nothing like spirited debate. Obviously everyone posting has an emotional stake on some level in HTC. But as the moderator mentioned, let's keep it clean. I assume we're all out of elementary school and thus have developed tact and decorum. Exercise it.
    I'm definitely a big fan of HTC, mostly due to their build quality across the board. Their devices always look high end. But just as I'm critical of my child when he misbehaves, though I love him more than life itself, so I am critical of HTC once I think they've lost their way. Doesn't mean I'm no longer a fan. Rather that I don't want to see their level of quality drop.
    I'm fully irritated by the lack of marketing for the Evo at this point. Design notwithstanding, I'm sure there are droves who would be pulled in to take a look at the Evo.
    I've seen no print ads. One Internet spot. No tv spot in heavy rotation. Just seems like HTC/Sprint is dropping the ball. Some of you rightfully rue the fact that you don't care if the masses (who we've learned are asses) don't line up for the Evo, but what happens to HTC's fortunes if this device doesn't sell well? HTC can ill afford a flop at this point. HTC needs this device to be a financial hit.
    I, for one, want to see high quality HTC devices produced in the foreseeable future.
    It would behoove them to get on the ball.
    Thanked by:
    keontaesdad likes this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234