Evo LTE's languishing on store shelves

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just to clear the air on an earlier post, lets not sling mud at Sprint for the non removable battery. That was HTC's design.

I'm not sure if the trend of the non removable battery is going to hit as well as they expect.

1. The 3rd party companies that produce aftermarket batteries and extended batteries I'm sure are voicing their opinions on this, as it will hurt many businesses that have surrounded themselves around this market of selling replacement batteries.

2. Your still going to have people that no matter how much battery life they squeeze out of them with better dual & quad core processors and better LTE power management that are going to still not be happy and beg for a removable battery.

I think OEMs would like to see this changeover happen eventually but its not something that is going to happen overnight. Its going to take time to transition the public to accepting the change which is going to take time and always have voice of opposition.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Theres a video on YouTube that shows you can take the battery out of the Evo4GLTE by removing the cover and two screws to replace . You might not want to risk losing the warranty coverage, but it's still possible to replace the battery if needed.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well get used to it because all the newer phones are going this route.... Just sayin :D

I hope and pray you're wrong!
That would be a very terrible idea.

You flash a rom, phone freezes, now you have to wait for a really good battery to die to diagnose the problem.

You are out and about, battery dies. Can't just switch them out, you have to find an outlet or carry one of those bulky external batteries.

This is a trend that should crash and burn.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

Reactions: ScandaLeX

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

You flash a rom, phone freezes, now you have to wait for a really good battery to die to diagnose the problem.

You are out and about, battery dies. Can't just switch them out, you have to find an outlet or carry one of those bulky external batteries.

I Agree , here's a match....:D

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

Hold down the power button acts as a battery pull, so no worries when flashing.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There is still the reset when you get a lockup. Not positive of the exact button(s) (Power/Volume Up/Down) but it will reset/restart the device in this situation.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
During an EVO commercial just now it said more than 7 million people enjoy the new EVO. I'm guessing they mean more than 7 million sold as of the commercial's airing? Is that good, great or average sales?

grayin

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
And lot of people, like my daughter, are waiting to physically see an S3 and an EVO 4G LTE side by side. It should be interesting to see the Evo sales after the S3 is out (good or bad). I went with HTC because my last Sammy had issues... For another thread.

Reactions: Mercury81

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I called a few stores in the Baltimore/DC area out if curiosity. Was told at each store that there is plenty in stock. But don't take my word for it. Call your local Sprint and Best Buy stores. The LTE is not even being aggressively marketed.
How many Evo LTE ads did you see on TV today?
Is Sprint saving its ad money for a massive Samsung SIII media blitz.

just because they have stock in your area doesn't mean its not selling, I checked with my friend who works for Sprint Corporate in KC today, the EVO LTE is selling very well nationwide across all sales channels. In fact, while I was picking mine up there were 3 other people getting it as well. I was #30 on the preorder list at my store and signed up on opening day (around 6pm) for preorders.

Also, I have seen several EVO LTE commercials already, Sprint is definitely pushing the new EVO.

Like someone else mentioned, this is a pointless thread as this guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Troll alert; just because they have stock in your area doesn't mean its not selling, I checked with my friend who works for Sprint Corporate in KC today, the EVO LTE is selling very well nationwide across all sales channels. In fact, while I was picking mine up there were 3 other people getting it as well. I was #30 on the preorder list at my store and signed up on opening day (around 6pm) for preorders.

Also, I have seen several EVO LTE commercials already, Sprint is definitely pushing the new EVO.

Like someone else mentioned, this is a pointless thread as this guy has no clue what he's talking about.

What you think we don't know that.....:D

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Reading the post of the Honda's sitting on the lot just made my day, love these forums, never know what you'll get

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
During an EVO commercial just now it said more than 7 million people enjoy the new EVO. I'm guessing they mean more than 7 million sold as of the commercial's airing? Is that good, great or average sales?

That seems kind of high. This phone is only sold on one network in the world and just came out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36