Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slackerjack
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default List of games not working...

Just trying to get a list of anything not working so I can group an email to developers about games. So far found a couple that are really frustrating:

Dead Space (boots but won't load 3d API)
    Dark Meadow (this might be a non tegra device issue...haven't tried on a non tegra device yet)
    Nova 3 (screw you EA...Nova 2 works fine...same engine...this is a "you're lazy" issue
    Cut the rope and experiments HD- market disabeled for this device...probably an easy fix
    Asphalt 6 - market version incompatible
    Fifa 2012
    Mass effect
    Bejeweled 2

Anyone find others? Confirmed working:

Angry Birds(s)
    Temple Run
    Cut the rope and expirimes ShadowGun(s)
    Cannibalt
    Max Payne
    Grand Theft Auto 3

Jack

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear
    Last edited by slackerjack; 06-17-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    Pianoman262 likes this.

Default Re: List of games not working...

I think FIFA 12 doesn't work either. Let me know if anyone finds a work around to get it to work. Just downloaded and it it keeps for closing on its own.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

I can't even install Plants vs Zombies

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ShadowGun works.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Mass Effect Infiltrator. That along with Dead Space won't work for me.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Grand Theft Auto works and gloriously...loads really quick and no hitches that I've seen on my Galaxy S2 (exynos) and Galaxy Tab 10.1. (Tegra2)...

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Max Payne works really well to...not available through play store...I got mine through the amazon app store ...works terrific!

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Bejeweled 2 is shown as not compatible from Google Play.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

I am no gamer, but I have not run across any program I could not load and run yet. I do have these installed and more:

Shadowgun
    Peggle
    Cut the rope
    Fruit Ninja PIB
    Bag It
    Angry Birds
    Tank Hero
    Block Busta
    Bonsai Blast
    Plants. vs. Zombies
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k000 View Post
    I can't even install Plants vs Zombies
    Installs fine from Amazon and runs fine (except for that damn, annoying, screen-robbing "menu" "..." icon)
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

What's funny is that one of the default bookmarks is a redirect to the Gameloft site, where they promise to sell you MC3 for the EVO (at the top it says high quality games for your new Evo 4g LTE) but for those of us who already bought through play store, it is listed as incompatible. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    What's funny is that one of the default bookmarks is a redirect to the Gameloft site, where they promise to sell you MC3 for the EVO (at the top it says high quality games for your new Evo 4g LTE) but for those of us who already bought through play store, it is listed as incompatible. Go figure
    Yea, same with NOVA 2. My guess is their games do work on the EVO LTE but they're trying to squeeze a few extra bucks from us by not flagging them as compatible in the Play store.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Its a pain in the backside...but I can confirm the above...if you can't find it or its listed as "incompatible" from the play store...it'll probably work from Amazon. C'mon Google et all developers...this is exactly the kind of thing that drives people to IOS...this is fragmentation in a very transparent way.

Update: FIFA 2012 works just in time for the end of the Eurocup. Just go in and delete the file cache that was originally downloaded, and download the new one. This fixes any of the problems you were having.

Mass Effect Infiltrator is patched and works now. A huge heartbreak is that robot unicorn attack doesn't work.

anyone have serious lag issues with Baseball Superstars 12? It's pretty much unplayable at times..

I have not been able to get Madden 12 to work on the evo lte. I am not able to download the extra data required. It hangs there.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Have any of you tried using Crossfire3D to get access to games that our phone otherwise wouldn't be able to play? I made a thread about it in the root/rom subforum, but so far no one has said anything:

Has anyone tried Chainfire3D and the Nvidia plug in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dmaul3300 View Post
    I have not been able to get Madden 12 to work on the evo lte. I am not able to download the extra data required. It hangs there.
    Here's what I do with all EA games since they ask for you to download a TON of extra data. I think part of the problem is the WiFi disconnection issue, but I've found a workaround.
    1.) make sure you have a good wifi connection (I've had games take an hour because I was one room away. The closer, the better.)
    2.)Go to settings > developer options > stay awake while charging.
    3.) Plug in, start the download, and wait!

Also, make sure to clear out any files that the old install of Madden may have left behind (just because it's at 0% doesn't mean it didn't download anything)
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    Have any of you tried using Crossfire3D to get access to games that our phone otherwise wouldn't be able to play? I made a thread about it in the root/rom subforum, but so far no one has said anything:

Has anyone tried Chainfire3D and the Nvidia plug in yet?
    Yeah...spotty results at best. This isn't a phone issue. Its a developer issue, in most cases editing a couple of files for the display resolution and then updating market device list to allow for market downloads . But can u get them to do it? Good luck

Jack

ROM
    Stock Root

Riptide glitches and freezes at during turn 4 of the first every map. Screen turns grey and sound starts to repeat. Does the same on my Asus Transformer Prime tablet to. I thought this game was fully working for these devices?
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zjaksn10 View Post
    Riptide glitches and freezes at during turn 4 of the first every map. Screen turns grey and sound starts to repeat. Does the same on my Asus Transformer Prime tablet to. I thought this game was fully working for these devices?
    It is. I have both and have no issues on either, no lag at all, nothing..... Definitely no freezing up/ glitches to speak of....

ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    It is. I have both and have no issues on either, no lag at all, nothing..... Definitely no freezing up/ glitches to speak of....
    damn, well I can't race a full game. It's rather annoying being the only one that I know of.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One