Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen cracked while texting!!

I was texting Friday night and I noticed a hairline crack up and down the whole phone. This phone has not been dropped or anything along those lines. How the hell does something like this happen?

Knowing Sprint, they'll still make me pay the bull$hit $100 deductible to replace it. Calling now, we'll see how that goes.

Unreal.

Sorry to hear your screen cracked from texting... . Good luck with repair situation.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

ROM
    ?

Wow.....that sucks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Screen cracked while texting!!

Don't text with such aggression. Probably a result of having a cool new phone with no service. I'm living that too!

Lol. Really? I doubt it could have cracked from texting. I've had my screen crack on me because of cold weather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Sprint replaced the screen on my 3d for free a few weeks ago.

Sent from my LTEless Evo LTE using Tapatalk. :-(

chances are it was already cracked and you noticed it when texting.
    Thanked by:

Did you have it in your pocket before usage... Maybe the pressure caused a mild crack.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgianni19 View Post
    Knowing Sprint, they'll still make me pay the bull$hit $100 deductible to replace it. Calling now,
    It's a $150 deductible now

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    It's a $150 deductible now

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
    Oooouchhhh!

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgianni19 View Post
    I was texting Friday night and I noticed a hairline crack up and down the whole phone. This phone has not been dropped or anything along those lines. How the hell does something like this happen?
    "Texting" didn't cause it.

If you didn't drop it, you could have crushed it at some point. Or something could have dropped on it. It could also be a latent defect that showed up later for no apparent reason; although that is really rare.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stop texting so violently!

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    "Texting" didn't cause it.

If you didn't drop it, you could have crushed it at some point. Or something could have dropped on it. It could also be a latent defect that showed up later for no apparent reason; although that is really rare.
    Exactly! These types of threads are getting old.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ROM
    tommytomato evo classic

Don't u have 30 days with Sprint to replace the phone free? No way u got it before May 20th. I've taken mine back twice for smaller reasons than that at best buy. If u have to pay $150 with sprint I will have to remind myself to never buy from them.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Well I have tried a hundred different times with Sprint, HTC and the insurance company, but none of them cover the screen. Sprint is no longer 30 day return policy, it's only 14 days. The Sprint Store didn't want to help me, Sprint Customer Service didn't want to help me nor did HTC.

Obviously I understand where they are coming phone. I could be calling them giving them some bull line that "The phone was never dropped," but for all they know I dropped it from a second story apartment. Makes sense, just sucks it happened to me! Looks like I'm shelling out the $100 deductible for a new one.

Getting an Otter Box and Screen protector this time around.

Sorry for your bad experience with screen, I always get a case for my phone just because I know I could possibly drop it by accident. Really it's your only guard against that 100.00 deductible... Good decision get a case asap

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Sorry for your bad experience with screen, I always get a case for my phone just because I know I could possibly drop it by accident. Really it's your only guard against that 100.00 deductible... Good decision get a case asap

Already purchased for when I get my replacement

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonicia View Post
    Don't u have 30 days with Sprint to replace the phone free? No way u got it before May 20th. I've taken mine back twice for smaller reasons than that at best buy. If u have to pay $150 with sprint I will have to remind myself to never buy from them.

Physical damage is not covered under that 14 day return window. And honestly...why should it be?

This exact thing just happened to me today.

Body Glove case, screen protector and all. Taking a picture of the fish my son caught and *clack* screen cracked clean down the middle of the phone.

Phone has never been dropped, sat on, etc... People at the Sprint store were useless.

This is already the second one I've been through in 3 weeks. Kickstand broke on the first one, now this. Combined with the terrible reception and the general 'bugginess' of it, I'm starting to wonder if I should've stuck with my OGEVO and saved the cash.

Guess it's too late now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by groundshock View Post
    This exact thing just happened to me today.

Body Glove case, screen protector and all. Taking a picture of the fish my son caught and *clack* screen cracked clean down the middle of the phone.

Phone has never been dropped, sat on, etc... People at the Sprint store were useless.

This is already the second one I've been through in 3 weeks. Kickstand broke on the first one, now this. Combined with the terrible reception and the general 'bugginess' of it, I'm starting to wonder if I should've stuck with my OGEVO and saved the cash.

Guess it's too late now. Anyone have any suggestions?
    There's no way you merely touched the screen and it cracked.... Of course the guys at the store were "useless".... You brought them a cracked phone with a story that is highly unlikely. You people are hilarious

Why the f--- would I lie? Take your snotty bull somewhere else unless you have some actual help to offer.

I saw the damn thing crack with my own eyes.

Thanks for being a **** though.

Da na na na na
    Crrrack that screen,

Da na na na na
    Text on a crack

Da na na na na
    Break your mamas back

Sent from my we are not men, we are DEVO using Android Central Forums