View Poll Results: How long does your EVO's battery last?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 8 hours

12 5.80%
  • 8 - 12 hours

28 13.53%
  • 12 - 18 hours

61 29.47%
  • 18 - 24 hours

54 26.09%
  • 24+ hours

52 25.12%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Consistantly 16 hours. Light to moderate use from 5am til 2pm. Moderate to heave from 2 til 9. Only have to plug in at bed time. Extremely pleased...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I get a full work day's worth of use and still have about 38% battery left which is amazing for me. I stream music from Google Music via 3G and also test a lot of our mobile apps on it as we develop on Atrix and the Note which don't have ICS yet but I'm usually on Wifi when doing that.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with this performance!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was running mean ROM ics and my battery life took a dip so I went back to the stock ROM to see if my battery life will go back to normal.

Here is mine
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1340849176239.jpg  

How you get this what you running??

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE....

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1340903668140.jpg  

Stock ROM rooted bloatware removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1340910754123.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Default Re: How long does your EVO's battery last?

Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    I get a full work day's worth of use and still have about 38% battery left which is amazing for me. I stream music from Google Music via 3G and also test a lot of our mobile apps on it as we develop on Atrix and the Note which don't have ICS yet but I'm usually on Wifi when doing that.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with this performance!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Very nice, judging by the poll results thus far many are seeing excellent results. One thing is clear battery life is a positive feature of this phone not a negative!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

3 days 2 hrs 47 min 2 sec (5% remaining)

Screen - 5 hrs 31 min 30 sec

Voice Calls - 32 min 56 sec

Always on: WiFi, GPS, CDMA

Bluetooth: off

Auto Sync: on

Screen Brightness: auto

Live wallpaper: no

Haptic feedback: off

Weather update: when opened
    Weather update: every hour
    Sound effects: on
    Update my location in real time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-battery2.png   How long does your EVO's battery last?-battery3.png   How long does your EVO's battery last?-battery1.png  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

The truth is out there.

No calls. WiFi all day.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1341284087677.jpg   How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1341284098004.jpg  
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    The truth is out there.

No calls. WiFi all day.

You are using and have some serious battery draining apps running full time.

Stock everything unrooted LTE. Typical work days I'll have around 30-40% before charging the battery. That's unplugging at 6am and plugging in around 10pm. During those work days I'll use Pandora, web surfing, email, texting & a little gaming. I'll use both CDMA & WiFi. The screen shots are from this past weekend which is typically lighter use. I purposely didn't charge overnight to see what I could get out of the battery on light use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-screenshot_2012-09-30-22-33-08.png   How long does your EVO's battery last?-screenshot_2012-09-30-22-33-28.png  

How n da free world do u people get this much out of ur battery I use Pandora for 4hr n I got to charge my phone any advise on what n how to preserve battery is greatly appreciate any helpful advise oh yeah I'm a knoob

My usage of the phone has only gone up slightly since I switched from the OG Evo 2 weeks ago. I more data stuff running than before. In the past, I would not be able to get to the end of a Friday night on one (not old) battery. If I got up at 6AM and stayed out until 2AM, I would be switching batteries or charging before I made it to 2 AM. Now.... Still got 50%!

---------- Post Merged at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:10 PM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by norbz View Post
    How n da free world do u people get this much out of ur battery I use Pandora for 4hr n I got to charge my phone any advise on what n how to preserve battery is greatly appreciate any helpful advise oh yeah I'm a knoob

4 hours of streaming data can do that. Try loading music to the device instead or you'll need a charge to run that much data.

ROM
    Stock

I love to see a 3 month old thread resurrected.

Had mine since week 1 and still get a full day and then some. I do stream my own from Amazon and Google sometimes and haven't seen it kill my battery that bad. Maybe it's Pandora, though, since Amazon and Google will load up the cache so it's not technically a full stream.

Since the update my battery has been wonderful. It has lasted all day. On yesterday it did not even turn yellow and it was 12 midnight. I unplugged it at 6 a.m.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Yeah, over in the optimus s forums, we've had some 18 month old threads necrobumped before.....lol.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    Yeah, over in the optimus s forums, we've had some 18 month old threads necrobumped before.....lol.
    Right, because it make so much sense to post ANOTHER battery life thread.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

You're right it doesn't, but I think that everything that needs to be said about battery has been said. There are plenty of battery saving tips in this thread already.

Is this pretty typical?. Not rooted,locked bootloader, pretty much stock. Tried installing custom roms and they were all too buggy.How long does your EVO's battery last?-2012-10-16_21-18-24.png
    How long does your EVO's battery last?-2012-10-16_21-15-14.png
    Last edited by crowrb29; 10-16-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: misspelled words

My usually last around 10-12 hours and that's with constant usage. From checking the forums here and at xda, and beating my wife on bike race. To Bluetooth streaming of my music in the car and calls and web browsing.

Sent from my LTEVO on the not so now network via android central app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1350571485771.jpg  

Mines going on 15 hrs today!
    I love how awesome the battery life is on this phone, I remember the good ole days of android where constant charging throughout the day was necessary.

Sent from my LTEVO on the not so now network via android central app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does your EVO's battery last?-uploadfromtaptalk1350796265018.jpg  

Anyone that's using jb? I heard that the battery goes down considerably if you are.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanRom ICS v2.0

I usually get 18-24, I'm a moderate user and mostly use 3g about 3/4 of the day, very pleased with battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Anyone that's using jb? I heard that the battery goes down considerably if you are.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Not using it as a daily but the battery life is good now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast