How long does your EVO's battery last?

How long does your EVO's battery last?

• Total voters

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
With the EVO LTE coming up on 1 month since it's debut, many users have settled in on settings and usage. Nearly all of us do not yet have any access to Sprint LTE leaving the question open as to how much will "4G" consume this EVO's battery? Also, there has yet to be any firmware updates but one can count on some sort of bug fix update forthcoming. Regardless battery life has been greatly improved over previous models.

Since everyone has their own unique usage patterns, how long does your EVO's battery typically last?

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
18-24(mainly just texting few calls little websurf and little gaming). When I used it as a gaming system lasted like five and a half if I remember right. On busier days 12-18 (usually around 13-14hours). I also removed battery saver app while it did increase battery life as you can see in the pic below it also was a pain in the ass to view photos with and when you get a new phone and are constantly using camera to test quality the dimming of the screen is beyond annoying.

Screenshot_2012-06-02-18-48-34.png

Last edited:

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
On average I'm getting 18-24 hours. One time I decided to max out the battery with an average to heavy rate and was able to squeeze 24+ hours on one charge. Now there was a period of about 6 hours that I went to sleep and didn't use it, but I'm pleased with the battery life. I'm not a power user but it was on Wi-Fi the entire time, did surf the web, make calls and texts, plus sent a few emails. I didn't log in a bunch of gametime either because I just wanted to see if I could even make it to 24 hours. It's all subjective to how each person uses their phone, but just the piece of mind knowing that with little usage one could/can get 24 hours of use is priceless to me coming from the OG & 3D EVO's. Just Sayin' :cool:

susanoo26

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
With the EVO LTE coming up on 1 month since it's debut, many users have settled in on settings and usage. Nearly all of us do not yet have any access to Sprint LTE leaving the question open as to how much will "4G" consume this EVO's battery? Also, there has yet to be any firmware updates but one can count on some sort of bug fix update forthcoming. Regardless battery life has been greatly improved over previous models.

Since everyone has their own unique usage patterns, how long does your EVO's battery typically last?

great poll! might want to clarify the question. Because like alot of people in this forum I could leave my phone barely used and claim "24 hours of heavy use". Maybe the question is "How long does your battery last on regular continued daily usage"

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it is doing good on the battery so far. I've gotten 14 hours so far.. Got the phone Friday morning, and gave it a full charge.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten almost 17 hours consistently under moderate to heavy usage. i.e. full brightness, quite a bit of texting, netflix, web browsing, pandora, etc..

Pretty sure I could double that for light usage if I needed to.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
great poll! might want to clarify the question. Because like alot of people in this forum I could leave my phone barely used and claim "24 hours of heavy use". Maybe the question is "How long does your battery last on regular continued daily usage"
Thank you!

To make it clear I ask in that post:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
We could all take our EVO's turn WiFi off, make an hour long phone call, play a game for one hour, stream music for 4 hours and we'd all come up with slightly varying results.

We all have different usage patterns, meaning some use WiFi alot some not at all! Some make voice calls often some rarely.

We all have different apps installed, have different apps running, some apps have trade offs on OS/battery performance some use "task killers" some do not(I do not).

We could all turn WiFi on and stream youtube for hrs. That would be of little use, we want to know how long this battery lasts for each of us based on our own personal usage patterns.

The point is seeing what the average or typical user is getting based on their usage patterns.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I download a lot of data, and had concerns right from the beginning about the battery not being user replaceable. Between 6:30am and 10:30pm, I have to charge at least once. Really miss the old Seidio 3500 battery.

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My previous phone was the Samsung Epic 4G. When I first got the phone, the battery would not make it through the day if I used it at all. Having to recharge at midday with minimal usage was not uncommon. As updates were pushed through and I proceeded root it and install custom roms battery life improved dramatically. I could kill the battery before the work day was over but with lighter usage making it through the day was no problem.

With the Evo, short of streaming media, (Play Music, Pandora, Netflix, Youtube, etc...) lots of gaming, heavily using GPS or taking hundreds of pictures with the camera and uploading to Dropbox the phone will easily make it from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed. I am excited to see how battery life improves with time because it made my Epic 4G usable away from an outlet for long periods of time and I expect the same level of improvement with the Evo.

decke003

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I took it off the charger around 10am.

I played 15 minutes of GTA3, took about 15-20 pictures, surfed the internet for over an hour, spent about 15 minutes on the phone, and listened to Pandora for about 1.5 hours with bluetooth headphones.

I used wifi only about 25% of the time, and I had pretty weak signal when I was on cellular data.

When I went to bed at 10pm, I did so with exactly 50% battery life remaining.

I guess that puts me at the upper end of 18-24hrs. Overall, I am 100% pleased with the battery life. Nothing else I have owned can touch it.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had three EVO LTE's so far, and my second one was terrible. It handled battery the same way my 3D did (which was not good). This phone's battery lasts me all day with medium usage.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I do a considerable amount of browsing and texting throughout the day. Curently, I'm at 18% and have been going on battery for 7 hours. I'm certain it will last me through the next hour and then the 45 minute trek home, but I'll plug it in once I'm in the car. I've been on 3G all day.

Last edited:

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I selected 12-18 hours, but it depends on how I use it. For example, on Saturday I took it off the charger at about 8:00 in the morning, and intentionally had all my radios on... BT, Wifi, 4G, and GPS. I streamed TuneIn radio for 2+ hours while I did yardwork, drove around the city for a couple of hours running errands and using maps on occasion, did some web browsing, texting and made a couple of phone calls. By 10:00ish that night the battery was at about 30%. So with all the radios on, I feel I gave it a good thrashing, and 12-18 hours is very realistic for moderate / moderate+ use.

If after a year I don't feel like the battery is still performing as well, I'll be really ticked off for buying an HTC phone without a removeable battery, but for now I'm fine with it.

David

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary