Error 67

MX1510

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The other day I went to visit my parents who live about an hour away. When I got to their house I unlocked my phone and was asked if I wanted to manually set the time. This was weird so I started playing around a bit and my phone kept popping up an "Error 67 message: Data Call Failure." I tried all the basics like updating the PRL and Profile and all it would do is give me the same error message. I called up Sprint Customer service and the guy there had me do all the same steps. Tried a factory reset and still nothing. So I went to Best Buy (where I got the phone) thinking I'd probably need to exchange for a new one. Well the BB guy did some searching and found that someone else on some other forum had a similar problem. The guy on the other forum called into Sprint and got a rep to teach him to reset his data profile.

So long story short, here's how to fix it:
WARNING: DOING THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE TO THE POINT THAT IT WILL PREFORM AS IF IT IS BEING PROGRAMMED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME! BUT IT FIXED THE PROBLEM FOR ME.
First call up sprint and get you MSL (Master Subsidy Lock)- I had to argue for a bit and so did the guy at BB but eventually they gave it to us.
Go into the phone and dial "##72786#" this will pull up a menu that says "Please Enter Password."
Enter your MSL- It's 6 numbers long.
Now you should be in a back/hidden menu with the words "SCRTN" at the top then list some other stuff.
In the top right corner will be "MENU."
AGAIN, DOING THE RESET WILL TOTALLY RESET YOUR PHONE, so to exit this menu push "Menu > Cancel" or use the back button.
Click menu and then "Reset."
Now you'll go through the same steps as when you first got your phone- putting in your gmail etc.

Also if you go the the phone and dial "##786#" it takes you to another back/hidden menu that tells you various info about your phone.
To exit this menu push "Menu > Cancel" or use the back button.

Hope this saves everyone a lot of time and frustration.

Reactions: Anthonicia

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting, thanks for the info. Did you ever figure out exactly what caused the error to begin with?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting, thanks for the info. Did you ever figure out exactly what caused the error to begin with?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
It's a network thing and usually fixes itself over time. An MSL reset isn't really necessary unless you absolutely have to have data up and running.