NEW Google Wallet issue! Country/Device not supported? Grrrrr!

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was bold enough to go to 7-11 without my credit card. As I was walking into the store and logging into Google Wallet. I got a message: "Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device/carrier." I researched this a little bit (just look at the google play reviews and all the EVO LTE people have been posting this issue. I changed my rating to a 1 star. So after seeing this is a common issue I walked home with no Gatorade. :(

Google has totally dropped the ball from not including visa, to the secure element and now to this. What a disaster this has been for Google. The good thing about a credit card is that they work 99.99% of the time. I have made about 10 trips/uses with GW and now it doesn't work. So even though 90% sounds good. Its actually really bad.

I think all EVO LTE owners may have this issue but hopefully it gets fixed and soon. Did I say this was one of the main reasons I upgraded from 3D to LTE?

Last edited:

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: NEW Google Wallet issue! Country/Device not supported? Grrrrr

The last thing I would do is call Sprint for help. lol. But I called just to let them know about the issue so they have 1 extra log of the issue. However they arent open late.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Could you imagine being in a taxi relying on GW and no credit card to pay for your ride and getting this message? What would happen in this case? Would you get arrested? lol

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Could you imagine being in a taxi relying on GW and no credit card to pay for your ride and getting this message? What would happen in this case? Would you get arrested? lol

Depends which city/coutry you are in.. in some places you will get smashed by the taxi direvr unions themselves first.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You guys get so worked up over these things. :) Its a brand new phone, using a relatively new app, using a technology that is not widely adapted. I'm not surprised they are having some issues. That being said, people who have transferred money onto the Google Debit Card do have a right to know what is going on. They should be communicating better about the problem but people expecting this to be perfect at this point I think are expecting too much.

kanyewest

May 17, 2010
Visit site

wtf i want to reset google wallet from within the app so i can hard reset.. but now its giving me that unsupported crap..

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Contacting Support - Wallet Help

Hello xxx,

Thank you for calling Google Wallet. You called us regarding being unable
to access the Google Wallet app on your HTC Evo.

Google Wallet is temporarily unavailable on your device and our
engineering team is working hard to make sure Google Wallet is working as
intended. We will be sure to let you know when full functionality has
resumed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Feel free to contact us again if
you have any additional questions regarding Google Wallet or visit our
Help Center at Wallet Help

Sincerely,

Michelle
The Google Wallet Team

Reactions: ginglish

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

More disturbing is the fact that I have not seen not ONE story on Android Central, Engadget, or any of the other major tech sites about this issue. I mean Google wallet basically gets shut out for Evo owners and the tech industry remains quiet?

Why?

EDIT: I could be wrong about this. If I am, someone please post a link, but I haven't seen one.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I am waiting for a google update as well. Although I am sure the fix works, I am not risking secure element.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Funny to read all the Evo rage reviews on google play :). Not funny about why they're raging. :(

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

This BS I have money on google wallet that I want access to. Wtf!!

aeroPM

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

FYI, this isn't affecting all EVO 4G LTE users. I'm not having any problems accessing or using google wallet on mine. I just paid for dinner with it last night. I'm not rooted yet and have never reset my google wallet settings and never reset the device either. I also only have a google pre-paid card loaded, no credit cards.

Those of you that are having problems... Have you ever reset google wallet settings and are you rooted?

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked fine until a couple days ago. Went to get a healthy mcgriddle and it had not certified in my country.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs