Airave Somehow Causing EVO Screen Problems?

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so...not sure how this would be possible, but it's the only thing I can think of that might be causing my issue. Basically, my EVO seems to randomly become completely unresponsive to touch. When I turn the phone on, nothing will happen when I touch the phone to try and unlock it, yet the live wallpaper in the background still runs. The only ways that have fixed this so far are to plug the phone in and turn the screen on, shake it really hard (I know...it's weird, but it works), or have a notification come in. For some reason, the second a notification arrives, the phone responds to touch again. The more I think about it, the more I've come to realize that I think it's only been happening at my home. I have an Airave because my street is a Sprint dead zone, so they gave it to me for free. I know it's not an app conflict because I did a hard reset and left just the stock apps on the phone, but it still happened at my house. So...anyone out there have this same issue? Or know how the Airave could possibly be causing this? It seems so unlikely, but...it's the only thing left I can think of that might be causing this seemingly random problem.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an Airave and don't have the problem. I did at first have to reboot the airave to get it to work properly with the new phone, so maybe try that if you haven't already.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have an Airave and don't have the problem. I did at first have to reboot the airave to get it to work properly with the new phone, so maybe try that if you haven't already.

I'll try that. I mean, I got the phone and the Airave at the same time, so it's not like I had a previous phone that worked or something. I just joined Sprint to get the EVO LTE. How do you have yours set up? Is it Modem ->Airave -> Router or Modem -> Router -> Airave?

I set mine up just like the instructions told me, but I wonder if it might be better to have it behind the router instead, if it'll work.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
You're right, the instructions say to put it Modem -> Airave -> Router, but I really didn't want to do it that way considering how long it takes the Airave to completely come back after a reboot.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Turns out it was just a defective screen. I got home yesterday and the screen just wouldn't work. None of the "fixes" I did the previous times would do anything. Luckily I got it into the Sprint store and was able to show them that it wasn't working. Two hours later, they just did a swap and I got a new replacement EVO :) So far so good, let's hope this one's a lot better. I think it will be since I'm not having any of the issues setting it in the car dock that I had with the other one.