Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Hide 3 dot indicator

This is driving me crazy! Is there any way to prevent the 3 dots that show at the bottom of some applications. The ones that really bug be are the ones on Dolphin browser and Go launcher, they just take up screen space.

Default Re: Hide 3 dot indicator

From what I understand that 3 dot bar is replacing your 'menu' button on previous devices (ex OG EVO)

So I don't believe you can get rid of them... Just throwing it out there..
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjrausch View Post
    This is driving me crazy! Is there any way to prevent the 3 dots that show at the bottom of some applications. The ones that really bug be are the ones on Dolphin browser and Go launcher, they just take up screen space.
    Unfortunately, no. I really, REALLY wish there were a way. I think it was a major screw-up in the Android UI. If there is no menu button, and the app is not ICS friendly, they really should have given the user another optional setting of some sort that did not involve robbing the screen.

In fact, I think I have the perfect proposed option: Change the "recently used apps" button into a menu button, and move the recently used function to be long-press on the home button. Choices are good. I am hoping this idea might be possible at some point without totally ripping out the ROM.

Maybe in a few YEARS all the apps will be fixed. But in the meanwhile.... Launch Angry Birds and stare at this crazy chunk of wasted screen the entire game.... yeesh.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

That's correct that is a menue button for that application your using.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post

In fact, I think I have the perfect proposed option: Change the "recently used apps" button into a menu button, and move the recently used function to be long-press on the home button. Choices are good. I am hoping this idea might be possible at some point without totally ripping out the ROM.
    That's pretty much the default re-mapping most custom ROMs have, even the Sense-based ones. I haven't flashed any yet so I don't know if devs have figured out how to completely ditch the 3-dot button.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

It bugs me that even big apps such as Facebook or Tapatalk haven't addressed this. Seems like updating an app to be friendly to Google's newest version of Android should be pretty high up on the priority list shouldn't it?

On the other hand, looking at an Android penetration version chart the other day, only something like 7% of users were on ICS... Regardless, it's mid 2011 and the next big version is scheduled to be released soon. It's about time something was done about this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Regardless, it's mid 2011
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G