Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone in Los Angeles that misses 4G

I am having speaker problems with my 3D and thinking about doing the upgrade to the LTE but I have grown accustom to using 4g at work (if I stand next to the wall or use mobile hotspot on occation) I use wifi at home. I also have the Seidio 4k mah battery. Is there a big difference between a 3D with ICS and the LTE?

Only when I need to download anything big other then that speeds are ok here in Burbank and Whittier...

my HTC EVO 4G LTE.....

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone in Los Angeles that misses 4G

Went from or EVO to 4g lte. Love the phone but I do miss wimax alot. 3g is really really slow. Especially when trying to stream video with slingbox or MLB. Sometimes it works. Most of the time the network is too slow to stream video.At least for me. In Studio City.

LA here, and only miss 4g for hotspot purposes, but lte is coming here soon so no biggie

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

LTE is not yet available in LA. If 4G speeds are really important to you, you should hold off on getting a Sprint LTE phone until you hear people starting to talk about seeing LTE in the LA area, and/or when Sprint announced LTE availability in LA, which is currently is looking like it's going to be September or October this year.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you keep an eye on this thread for the latest updates.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    LTE is not yet available in LA. If 4G speeds are really important to you, you should hold off on getting a Sprint LTE phone until you hear people starting to talk about seeing LTE in the LA area, and/or when Sprint announced LTE availability in LA, which is currently is looking like it's going to be September or October this year.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you keep an eye on this thread for the latest updates.
    There's actually 86 sites on air, from what I was told anyway.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    There's actually 86 sites on air, from what I was told anyway.
    The sites are up, but supposedly:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring 4G Rollout Updates
    Sprint is not reporting any of these live Network Vision sites in the LA market as currently broadcasting 4G LTE, only 3G EVDO. According to the NV schedule, these should have started coming online in May with LTE. However, none have shown up as LTE active to date. This most likely means that either the backhaul is not quite ready to service 4G LTE, or the 4G cores that these sites are tied to are not quite ready for LTE traffic. A backlog of LTE sites will probably come online in this market suddenly when the network is ready.