Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sabbys
  • 5 Post By marksr#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I Found an Easter Egg!!!

I use Nova Launcher so I am not sure how others can find this, but hear it goes:

When you select new shortcut in the Nova menu there is an option for activities which is a way to create a shortcut to specific processes and apps that do not have a shortcut. Well I was looking in the System UI processes for the power settings menu when I noticed a process that had an icon at the top of the list.

It is called Nyandroid and it is a little green android dude wearing and ice cream sandwhich shirt facing sideways. When you make an icon of it, and tap it, a screen saver like animation shows a whole bunch of ice cream sandwhich shirt wearing android dudes swimming left-to-right across the screen above a dark blue background with low-res retro pixel stars.

Kinda cool, kinda pointless. Thought you should know. . .

sabbys
    Thanked by:
    bc2k 
    bc2k likes this.

ROM
    Stock

In Apex too
    I Found an Easter Egg!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1340254752052.jpg
    See pic
    Sent from my International HTC One X.

Default Re: I Found an Easter Egg!!!

This is not only Sense 4, but ICS as a whole. If you go to the "About Phone" section in the settings and tap the Android version number repeatedly, a nyan-cat style bugdroid will appear, which you can longpress to trigger this animation.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ellisrgreen View Post
    This is not only Sense 4, but ICS as a whole. If you go to the "About Phone" section in the settings and tap the Android version number repeatedly, a nyan-cat style bugdroid will appear, which you can longpress to trigger this animation.
    Yea but this gives you a shortcut to it you can have on the desktop.

sabbys

Drat, doesn't work on mine.

i can't get it to work

Sweet!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Doesn't work for me either.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    Doesn't work for me either.
    Ditto here on the About Menu steps, I can't either. But if you look at the OP and have a way to create shortcuts to processes, those steps work.

sabbys

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Download QuickShortcutMaker from Play.

Search for Nyandroid in Activities.
    Make shortcut. It helps to have an "open" slot on one of the Sense launcher pages.
    Go to launcher screen. Press on the new shortcut icon. I named the shortcut "Egg."

Piece of cake.

I dont know where you got your information but this is not correct

Quote Originally Posted by slinkeril View Post
    True- but he did succeed in making me look like an *****, sitting at my desk and tapping my phone as if I was trying to send a message by telegraph...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    True- but he did succeed in making me look like an *****, sitting at my desk and tapping my phone as if I was trying to send a message by telegraph...
    Morse code, more like it!

Sent from my International HTC One X.

I had no idea you could make shortcuts for processes. It was worth reading this for that alone.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

doesnt work for me either

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

You know that when people used telegraphs, they did so by using Morse Code, right?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Sorry but this is true. It is like that with every android version. Tap android version a few times and Google's Easter egg appears. Doesn't matter what phone or skin or rom u use.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkeril View Post

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Sorry but this is true. It is like that with every android version. Tap android version a few times and Google's Easter egg appears. Doesn't matter what phone or skin or rom u use.

No need to be sorry, no one here has stated that this actually has worked on a stock EVO LTE..... although many have tried tapping away. lol

But you're free to try it yourself on a stock EVO LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Sorry but this is true. It is like that with every android version. Tap android version a few times and Google's Easter egg appears. Doesn't matter what phone or skin or rom u use.Click to view quoted image

Nope. See above where it doesn't work for many of us. But since it is nothing really worthwhile it is no big deal whether it works or not.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

What happened is that it is an Easter egg built into stock ics, but HTC removed the code that starts the animation when you tap the android version. However, the animation itself is built in and can be accessed via a shortcut on your desktop. If you guys ever try an aosp Rom (or stock on another device) you will see it when tapping the model number.

Sorry Moose but you are incorrect. Does NOT work with HTC Sense. Neither is Nyandroid listed as an activity. If you have a stock HTC device - you are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sabbys View Post
    I use Nova Launcher so I am not sure how others can find this, but hear it goes:

When you select new shortcut in the Nova menu there is an option for activities which is a way to create a shortcut to specific processes and apps that do not have a shortcut. Well I was looking in the System UI processes for the power settings menu when I noticed a process that had an icon at the top of the list.

It is called Nyandroid and it is a little green android dude wearing and ice cream sandwhich shirt facing sideways. When you make an icon of it, and tap it, a screen saver like animation shows a whole bunch of ice cream sandwhich shirt wearing android dudes swimming left-to-right across the screen above a dark blue background with low-res retro pixel stars.

Kinda cool, kinda pointless. Thought you should know. . .

sabbys
    Now there's one called Beanbag.

Follow me on Twitter: @TonyLibations

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Found an Easter Egg!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1363139297904.jpg  
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'