Things I would take from the GS3

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy S III is a pretty nice phone, I truly believe the TouchWiz really holds the phone back from being a amazing phone. There are a couple of cool features that I wish the EVO could get, like the Pop Up Video to bring a movie from the Video player and watch it on your homescreen or while browsing the interest and such. Another thing is the face tracker, front camera tracks your face so your screen won't time out while you are looking at it.That is pretty much it. I don't think the GS3 is a good enough phone to upgrade to from the GS2. Better screen, better camera, better build quality, better UI, and did I say better build quality?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
That face tracker feature is pretty freaking sweet. Samsung definitely worked to set their devices apart. Some of the features I've seen with the GS3 are really impressive. Not enough to sway me from my LTE. But enough to say wow. And possibly look at it for my wife.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That face tracker feature is pretty freaking sweet. Samsung definitely worked to set their devices apart. Some of the features I've seen with the GS3 are really impressive. Not enough to sway me from my LTE. But enough to say wow. And possibly look at it for my wife.

Face tracker you can Keep it on the SGS3, it's bad enough Google tracts every move you make. I don't need the camera watching as well.. my finger touching the screen it's all they need to know I'm using it.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Face tracker you can Keep it on the SGS3, it's bad enough Google tracts every move you make. I don't need the camera watching as well.. my finger touching the screen it's all they need to know I'm using it.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
Paranoid much?

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Multitasking
Toggle widgets in notification
Battery percentage on status bar

These are the features I wish HTC would put in the next update!

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not understanding being amazed by the smart stay. I have been using screebl for yrs and it's pretty much the same concept. I'd rather it be bring held at a angle and detects that way rather than my eyes. I do think the popup is cool though

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ICEMAN330824

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

nlocurto

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to the play store and download ISeeYou Lite. Its free and works just as well as Smart-Stay. Trust me, I have a GS III LOL...

..Gromet

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xX_original_Xx

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S III is a pretty nice phone, I truly believe the TouchWiz really holds the phone back from being a amazing phone. There are a couple of cool features that I wish the EVO could get, like the Pop Up Video to bring a movie from the Video player and watch it on your homescreen or while browsing the interest and such. Another thing is the face tracker, front camera tracks your face so your screen won't time out while you are looking at it.That is pretty much it. I don't think the GS3 is a good enough phone to upgrade to from the GS2. Better screen, better camera, better build quality, better UI, and did I say better build quality?
For the pop-up video, download "super video" from the play store. Gives you the same functionality. Supports Android 1.5 - 4.04, according to the app description. Just a tip: when trying to watch a video you found through the youtube app, click the share button and share the youtube video with "super video" and your youtube video will play through "super video."

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Notifications toggle in the notification bar - installed one already.

The the news ticker at the bottom of the home screen.

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Multitasking
Toggle widgets in notification
Battery percentage on status bar

These are the features I wish HTC would put in the next update!

For those things you're asking for you don't really need to wait. Check out an app called notification toggle. It does all those things your asking for.

I added some picture.

But about everything else just wait android market will bring all those things and isn't that what rooting is basically for. That is why I picked hardware over software.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Super video is amazing. You can resize the video to the size you want it to be and if you swipe different spots you can adjust size, brightness, volume, and fast foward/rewind without having to bring up the pop up screen to play/pause. I would rather have the quick settings like in previous htc phones. I don't understand why they took that feature out in between sense 3.5 and 4.0? just a couple months if that between the releases!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci