HTC EVO LTE RAM/Memory Woe

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
My phone is rooted with cwm and has the FreEvo ROM installed. Lately, I have noticed that after a whike,maybe 15 hours or so, the amount of usable RAM seems to diminish gradually about 100MB. I go from having 450 MB of usable RAM to about 350MB. A fresh restart fixes the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You should be lucky to even have so much free. But you should realize that sometimes things are in memory, and they're there to be cached and run much quicker than if you had to open them from scratch each time.

The real problem with this phone is when it boots up to about 150 free and that means just about every app is going to knock out something everytime you open up something else.

Reactions: SpencerHTC

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I know. It's sad that such a great phone is plagued with such an issue. It's confusing because it seems like all these apps are running without ne even knowing, and that may be the problem.

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems like all HTC needs to do is recall the phones and install an extra gig of RAM. Or, they can just remove some of the bloatware that hordes all the memory with an update.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I am itching to get a fully functioning CM9 on this device. Shame too because HTC Sense is so good on this phone. Honestly this memory thing left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to HTC and manufacturer skins in general. I already made up my mind that my next device will be a Samsung or Nexus because HTC fell off the past 2 years. HTC Sense isnt for everyone and it defiantly isnt for me.

themuskr

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If you can't tell a difference in usability then why does it matter? It frees the ram when it needs it.