Heating up when charging

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The other night I picked up my phone when it was charging and it was hot

Anyone else having this problem

I'm coming from the pre and had the same issue when it was on the touchstone (which I fixed by lowering the Ghz when charging)

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Was the phone idle or were you downloading or streaming?

Mine is cool if it's just sitting there but if I'm playing a game or downloading updates it heats up a bit.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Was the phone idle or were you downloading or streaming?

Mine is cool if it's just sitting there but if I'm playing a game or downloading updates it heats up a bit.

Good answer. Mine is only ever-so-slightly warm when charging and idle/screen off.

Are you (OP) using the HTC charger that came with the phone?

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh no I wasn't downloading, playing games or watching movie and I'm using the HTC charger

It was on top of the drawer I picked it up to check the time (and the room was about 75 degrees)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh no I wasn't downloading, playing games or watching movie and I'm using the HTC charger

It was on top of the drawer I picked it up to check the time (and the room was about 75 degrees)

Repeat: Are you using the HTC charger that came with the phone?

If so, I strongly recommend you turn off fastboot and reboot the phone before attempting to charge it again. You either have a runaway process/service, or something else very wrong.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If it gets hot enough that it might cause damage to the phone the phone will warn you by flashing a red light alternating between that and the orange charging light when plugged in...all you have to do is unplug it.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine gets warm while charging. Who says its a problem. Its probably normal.

Could be. He said "hot" not "warm", though. I suppose it is a matter of semantics. Most every modern device with gets warm when actively charging. But to me, "hot" is something different.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Repeat: Are you using the HTC charger that came with the phone?

If so, I strongly recommend you turn off fastboot and reboot the phone before attempting to charge it again. You either have a runaway process/service, or something else very wrong.

Yes I'm using the HTC charger and i have fast reboot off and it's hot not warm

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be normal now just a couple of days of hot

Odd

Luckie

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any hotness when charging (even from a 2.3a rapid charger - which I highly recommend since 1a takes forever to charge this thing).

That said, the phone got incredibly hot when using gps/nav while making a call.

hritikesh

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
Please avoid using internet(Mobile data) while charging. My phone was heating up alot while charging and then i switched off data pack and it cooled down with in few min.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx