Problem I've found

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
These are some of the problems I've found (with my device) (if you can please suggest answers)

1. The light sensor on the top left next to the HTC logo lights up red Idk what it is but weird none the less

2. Google wallet won't open keeps saying that my phone company or country hasn't aloud Google wallet yet.

3. On dropbox I've heard that all you need to do is load your account on your HTC device, and you'll get the 25 gb showing up on your total storage. I have nothing, but the original 2.5 gb.

4. When push my finger on the screen a little hard the screen does an effect like when you push your finger on a pc monitor.

Know some of these things aren't going to be fixable from advice, (screen and light sensor) but just would like to know if this is just my device or everyones.

Please and thank you in advance.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
These are some of the problems I've found (with my device) (if you can please suggest answers)

1. The light sensor on the top left next to the HTC logo lights up red Idk what it is but weird none the less

2. Google wallet won't open keeps saying that my phone company or country hasn't aloud Google wallet yet.

3. On dropbox I've heard that all you need to do is load your account on your HTC device, and you'll get the 25 gb showing up on your total storage. I have nothing, but the original 2.5 gb.

4. When push my finger on the screen a little hard the screen does an effect like when you push your finger on a pc monitor.

Know some of these things aren't going to be fixable from advice, (screen and light sensor) but just would like to know if this is just my device or everyones.

1). Don't know what that means.
2). Google Wallet is a pretty wide known issue that Google is taking their sweet ass time on bringing a fix.
3). Did you go through the extra steps like sharing dropbox and what not?
4). Are you just TRYING to find stuff that is wrong with your phone? For me while playing NBA Jamz or Angry Birds I tend to get too "involved" in the game and tend to pound on the screen to get the birds to do their specialty, yet I have not seen anything like what you are describing.

Reactions: xX_original_Xx
Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
1). Don't know what that means.
2). Google Wallet is a pretty wide known issue that Google is taking their sweet ass time on bringing a fix.
3). Did you go through the extra steps like sharing dropbox and what not?
4). Are you just TRYING to find stuff that is wrong with your phone? For me while playing NBA Jamz or Angry Birds I tend to get too "involved" in the game and tend to pound on the screen to get the birds to do their specialty, yet I have not seen anything like what you are describing.

Thanks.

1 is hard to explain sorry but I'm guessing you don't have it if you don't know what I'm talking about that obvious.
2 didn't know about number two funny though.
3 I did but nothing.
4 funny story but thanks my device does that and scares me and I don't know anyone with the EVO 4g LTE

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
1. I remember reading in some other thread that others have seen this, but only when they're in a call. Don't remember the exact details, but I haven't noticed it on mine. You can probably search and find that thread.

2. Yup, Google Wallet doesn't work with the Evo 4G LTE. It used to work for some folks, who signed up immediately after getting the phone from the pre-order. Then it stopped working for everyone with this phone. Google and/or HTC are supposedly working on a fix.

3. How many of the Getting Started steps did you complete? I forgot the number, since I've got all 7 now, but you needed at least 4 or 5 completed... If you've already got more than 5 completed, you should contact DropBox about your free 2-year upgrade.

4. Don't push that hard...? A few of the other early users have also noticed this on their phones, but I just tried it on mine, and I do not see it. If it bothers you that much, take it to a Sprint store and see what they say.

Reactions: xX_original_Xx

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up Google wallet was down for many phones, as there were individual updates sent out it was a software issue from Google.

http://www.pocketables.com/2012/06/google-wallet-functionality-has-been-restored-for-some-htc-evo-4g-lte-users.html

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site

For number one, it does that while I'm in a call and it makes my screen turn black even in light, and if u press the power button to get the screen back on too fast theni can't hang up, today it was the worst, it pissed me the hell off because I can't hang up thephone and have to hold the stupid power button for my phone to restart. That's the only issue that has been frustrating the shiza out of me. Otherwise no other problems

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Also my old EVO had the option to disable the face sensor for the light, where is it on this phone. If anyones figured it out please let me know cause its driving me crazy

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Also my old EVO had the option to disable the face sensor for the light, where is it on this phone. If anyones figured it out please let me know cause its driving me crazy

It does not exist as the sensor is a safety feature for when the phone is in close proximity to your face. That light could be a voice message notification maybe.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
It does not exist as the sensor is a safety feature for when the phone is in close proximity to your face. That light could be a voice message notification maybe.

Nooooooooooo.........no0o0o0o lol. If its true that there's not an option then that sucks, my og EVO def does have the option to disable it so why wouldn't they do the sane for this phone wtf.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think I remember reading that it was caused by certain screen protectors interfering with the proximity sensor, so if you have a screen protector installed, that might be culprit. Remove it and see if you still get that issue.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes I finally found the thread lol. At first OP I had no idea what you meant with the light left of the HTC, but I just got it to. My wife was on my phone tossed it back to me and I noticed the red light. It's very small, it just bugs ya more than anything. It's gone now so idk how long it was on there and it definitely isn't a light leakage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37