Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How bright?

How bright do you keep your Evo? Do you have a screen protector? Just asking

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Usually 25% for me is bright enough. I am using the zagg hd.

I use Brightness Level by CurveFish widget on my homescreen to have instant control.

No screen protector for me.

Auto brightness, no screen protector on this and none on my last EVO either.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

I keep mine on Auto 95% of the time. I'll put it on 50% when playing a game so it doesn't keep adjusting when I move my finger over the sensor, especially in landscape.
    No screen protector. I can't stand how they feel compared to the naked glass.

Default Re: How bright?

25% normally and 50% outdoors.

No screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    I use Brightness Level by CurveFish widget on my homescreen to have instant control.

No screen protector for me.
    I use that widget as well, works great. Good luck to all you brave ones without screen protectors! I took mine off my 3D after getting frustrated with application and constant scratches on the dry protectors. My phone was in a case and babied in my hands much of the time. The screen was scratched within the week, don't even know how it happened. At least the zagg doesn't scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    I use that widget as well, works great. Good luck to all you brave ones without screen protectors! I took mine off my 3D after getting frustrated with application and constant scratches on the dry protectors. My phone was in a case and babied in my hands much of the time. The screen was scratched within the week, don't even know how it happened. At least the zagg doesn't scratch.

you sir must baby them with dirty hands. I have never used a screen protector, and never had any problems with phones scratching. front right pocket, screen facing in. thats the key.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I put it at about 25% no protector
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I do the same except front left pocket. Nothing else goes in that pocket except cash money and I even put cash on the back of the phone. Nothing touches the screen except my pocket. Never had problems with scratches with BB storm and then EVO 4G. No screen protectors for me or cases.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadcastJunkie View Post
    you sir must baby them with dirty hands. I have never used a screen protector, and never had any problems with phones scratching. front right pocket, screen facing in. thats the key.
    Thanks, but as a FEMALE , I DON'T walk around with dirty hands. The phone only goes into an empty pocket of my purse.

ADJackson171 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Actually, you'd be surprised how dirty your "clean" hands really are.
    But I digress...

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I keep mine on auto 100% of the time.

I've never used a screen protector ever (Hero, OG, 3D, LTE). I'm not sure how people scratch Gorilla Glass, but it seems to apparently happen.

I keep it at 100% to insure full powered awesomeness when I show it off. I have a full Skinomi skin on mine.

Auto, no screen protector.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Like others, I use brightness level widget and keep it at 25% all the time. I might move it up to 35% sometimes just to show my screen off more. No screen protector. I've never used auto brightness once in my life

ROM
    stock

I generally keep mine between 5-10% (any higher feels too bright to me in most situations). I use the generic Sprint screen protector, guess I'm in the minority on here.

Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

About 33% indoors and 60% in daylight. No screen protector. Never had one on my OG EVO and after 2 years it is scratch free.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

My screen brightness is on Auto and I have a steinheil screen protector.
    The Officer

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I leave my screen at 100% brightness (unless reading in the dark) and do not use a screen protector.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Thanks guys, been keeping it on 37% with a sprint screen protector.

Here's what the brightness widget looks like with a 1x4 HTC clock.How bright?-uploadfromtaptalk1341268766219.jpg

I used to use that one, but I've got too many drab gray widgets.. shameless plug, i made a free, no ads, space-themed one based on stars of different brightnesses.
    (search 'brightness widget supernova' if interested).

50% indoors, 70-100% outdoors, 1-10% night

Auto + naked.
    I can either be 'smart,' or I can be 'pretty.' Today, we're going with 'pretty.'

auto, except games. Fosmon screen protectors, dirt cheap and they work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast