Can't receive calls/Text coming thru 20 minutes later...Network ?

dgp2003

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Phone worked fine the first couple weeks around the house. (connected to wifi)

Now (still connected to wifi) It takes about 4 calls to get through to me. Text messages are coming up on my phone at 3 o'clock, but it says the text was sent at 2.

Voicemail popped up yesterday at 4 and said the voicemail was received at 230.

It's like this on Wifi and with Wifi disconnected.

I went into the setting and changed to CDMA only instead of CDMA/LTE and that didn't help at all.

Finally on Friday I did a factory reset of my phone and I thought it helped, but it didn't still terrible at home.

While at work and out and about, the phone works fine with reception and calls coming through wherever I have service...But at home it's just horrendous. Reception/Service at home on my EVO 4G was great, this doesn't make sense.

Any suggestions? Or should I just call Sprint.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't receive calls/Text coming thru 20 minutes later...Netwo

Where are you located because of the storms a lot of places are still having issues.

Ice

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My wife was having the same problem except texts and voicemails were coming through DAYS later. I called Sprint and they ran a reset through some of the ## menus which supposedly reset all the data settings. It seems better now but she still got a few late texts/voicemails after that..

We are in Florida but were traveling in Wisconsin at the time.. so who knows if it was storm related but some of the texts and voicemails were sent from people outside of Florida.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Well have Sprint keep checking, I'm in VA right now and work in DC there was a major storm that came throught the DC, Maryland, Virginia area and affected other states like Chicago and there are still people without power and all the carriers were down here most of the weekend. I've read other forums that other states were also affected so keep checking with Sprint for updates.

Ice

dgp2003

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Ohh, this has been happening for a few weeks now.

Didn't care, because when it started messing up my g/f was back at home, so there was no need to call me and I don't care if I missed a friends/family call.

Now that she's gone, it's annoying that she can't even call me when I'm at home.

I thought if I had full wifi bars that calls would go through that, so it would be fine, but nope...Unless there is something that I'd need to change to make calls go through Wifi and not need the mobile network.

Pic of the storm that came through our town near Chicago.

IMAG0006.jpg

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm not sure, if this has been happening for weeks I would call Sprint and have them escalate your call to see what the issue is.

Ice

r13cbb

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the same issue. About two weeks ago my calls and texts got lost in space somewhere. Calls never ring, go straight to vm, I get no notice if a missed call, but have a vm. The vm icon never goes away so I check it all day Fay long onthere may or may not be new calls. My texts show up all at once hours after they were sent. I have kids that need to be able to call me. This is unacceptable! This phone is worthless to me. My old evo was fine :(

dgp2003

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I have the same issue. About two weeks ago my calls and texts got lost in space somewhere. Calls never ring, go straight to vm, I get no notice if a missed call, but have a vm. The vm icon never goes away so I check it all day Fay long onthere may or may not be new calls. My texts show up all at once hours after they were sent. I have kids that need to be able to call me. This is unacceptable! This phone is worthless to me. My old evo was fine :(

Yep, my old evo was working fine.

I called and talked to sprint yesterday. Explained to her that I received this new phone on the launch date in May sometime. Phone worked good until sometime mid june. Then for the past 2.5 weeks or so, it's gone to crap. I told her my old EVO worked fine, and never had any problems with calls/texts.

She had me shut off the phone and she sent some updates. When she told me to turn the phone back on, it said something about updates being completed. and she had to me turn the roaming to sprint only instead of automatic, which I did the previous night, and gave me full bars at home, but I couldn't make a call and didn't receive a call or text for 6 hours, until I switched it back to automatic...then voicemails and texts all came thru at once.

That's all she really helped me with. I mentioned to her that other people had mentioned online that they called spint and they did some sort of reset for them and it seemed to help.

The lady told me that the towers in my area are being repaired completely and that was likely the issue. I can pull down the street and receive calls/texts but nothing within 10 feet of my house.

At work which is 10 miles from my house everything works great.

This is really getting annoying that I can't receive a call or text while at home on this new phone, which I thought would be better than a 2 year old phone.

andwifieq8

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have test the current available new roms for the HTC one v primoC phone and all of them have the same problem that there is NO RINGING for WiFi incoming call while the phone is on sleeping mode even though I check the box of "always keep wifi active in sleep mode". This problem will happen after the phone goes to sleep in about 20 min. I have tried to post this problem in the XDA website to the developper but the xda website is not allowing me to post anything in the rom page. I hope someone can let the developper know this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12