If you bought your Evo LTE from best buy go back and get your $$$

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Dont know if this is listed (if it has sorry) since I dont have an LTE and dont follow these threads but Evo line is near and dear to me so I feel like sharing some good news.

Radioshack has the Evo LTE for $149.99 so if you bought your Evo in the last 30 days from Best Buy go back and have them price match it down to radioshacks price. I just did this on my S3 which I bought yesterday and price matched today!

ALSO if you have yet to purchase your LTE and are planning to best buy is offering $50 gift card back when you purchase. Essentially making the phone $100 Over @ xda they are saying they wont let you get both although I dont see how it's possible if you buy it and then go back and price match it but your results may vary

Get that $$$

Last edited:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: If you bought your Evo LTE from best buy go back and get your

Oh sweet! How do you provide proof of the radioshack deal? This is the only thing I can find:

RadioShack Weekly Ad

When I first got my Evo from bestbuy, I asked them about the $50 gift card promotion they had going. They told me it was only if you were trading in your old evo at the time of the upgrade. I said, oh, alright, nevermind then. A week or two later, I get an email with a $50 bestbuy gift card!

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I just got back from Best buy. First I went to Radio Shack and go the paper ad which the deal is printed on the front page. Then headed to Best Buy. Mobile dept had to check with there GM. I got my Evo on 5/24 and my wife got the S3 yesterday. Because I am a premier silver member they can price match up to 45days. So ended up getting $100 back.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Goto custumer service tell them you want to price match against radioshack. They will pull it up on the comp and look for themselves to verify. Alt. you can also take the ad as proof as long as it shows the $149.99 price

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I just got back from Best buy. First I went to Radio Shack and go the paper ad which the deal is printed on the front page. Then headed to Best Buy. Mobile dept had to check with there GM. I got my Evo on 5/24 and my wife got the S3 yesterday. Because I am a premier silver member they can price match up to 45days. So ended up getting $100 back.

I got $88 for each of the 2 S3's i bought yesterday. $50 + $38 tax

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I got $88 for each of the 2 S3's i bought yesterday. $50 + $38 tax

Yes, got the tax back on both but $38 does not sound right. I live in Florida and other states have different tax rules on cell phones.

I only got $3.50 in tax back for each.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, got the tax back on both but $38 does not sound right. I live in Florida and other states have different tax rules on cell phones.

I only got $3.50 in tax back for each.

Yeah i think they gave me all my tax back lol

Sent from my Sprint GS3

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Will this work if I got the 50 dollar off for preording the eco lte?

I was wondering the same thing. We already got an instant $50 savings, so already only paid $150....

In my case, doesn't matter anyway, since I got the phone on 05/28/2012, so I assume I am outside the window (yes I am Sprint Premiere Gold, but I don't think that matters).

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. We already got an instant $50 savings, so already only paid $150....

In my case, doesn't matter anyway, since I got the phone on 05/28/2012, so I assume I am outside the window (yes I am Sprint Premiere Gold, but I don't think that matters).

Ironically I got my phone on 6/2/12 so today is the last straw.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

lvs3

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

just wanted to say thanks to the OP. went back to BB and got my $50 tonight. just in time since it is day 30 for me.

droidlife4life

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Radioshack and best buy?? Are these phones not worth $200 or am I losing my mind?? Everyone above me should be pushin a LG optimus far as I'm concerned.... Lol

sstlthy

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you OP! Tonight was my 30th day! And for whatever reason, they gave me $50 plus $36.18 sales tax, for a total of 86.18! I was also one who was told I couldn't get the $50 when I bought the phone, but then got a "Download your $50 BB gift card" email the same day.

Last edited:

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you OP! Tonight was my 30th day! And for whatever reason, they gave me $50 plus $36.18 sales tax, for a total of 86.18! I was also one who was told I couldn't get the $50 when I bought the phone, but then got a "Download your $50 BB gift card" email the same day.

Are you in Cali... Of the 4 forums I posted in u seem to be the only one who got that much tax back besides myself?

Bought 2 S3's and got back $167 this morning

Sent from my Sprint GS3

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

yes even if you got the $50 discount on the phone for pre-ordering you can still get the $50 off. if you look at your receipt it will show that $50 discount as a payment of a $50 gift card. I got my phone on 5/25 and am a BB Premier silver member so I get 45 days to return electronics so I also get 45 days to price match. I got my $50 back last night no questions asked.

renegadetx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Got my refund this morning. I had pre-ordered through BB.com so they didn't want to do it. I just told them I wanted to return the phone (I would never give it back in a million years), so they found a way to refund. Great job Best Buy.

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

what? I am BB premiere....so exactly how to get an extra $50 back ? I paid 149 for mine....so in essence I would pay 100 ? Tell me what I need to do please.

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

what? I am BB premiere....so exactly how to get an extra $50 back ? I paid 149 for mine....so in essence I would pay 100 ? Tell me what I need to do please.

I went onto radioshacks site and pulled up the evo4g lte and printed the page which showed the price was $149.99.... I took that along with my receipt which showed an initial price of $199 before they applied the gift card of $50 off. I took both of these items to the customer service desk and told them that radioshack had the phone for less and that I wanted to price match and asked them since i was premier silver if i had 45 days instead of the normal 30 and the gentlemen said yes did his magic on the computer and I had a refund of $50 + $3 tax refunded back to my debit card.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Radioshack and best buy?? Are these phones not worth $200 or am I losing my mind?? Everyone above me should be pushin a LG optimus far as I'm concerned.... Lol

Are you saying that since they are worth $200 that no one should be able to buy them for less??? I got mine for $50 after trading in my old EVO 4G and getting the $50 credit from BB. Just cuz you get a better deal on the phone doesn't mean it's worth less, dude! $50 back is a free high end case or a nice set of headphones! Work the system or else it will work you...