Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Apex, Nova, or Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I don't buy HTC's because of sense. Huge memory hog and it wastes resources. And the reason multitasking is awful on the phone. Good thing is, we have choices. There is a flavor of Android for everyone.
    I dont mind the UI aspects of Sense, but I despise all the micro management bs that they jam into it. If HTC would turn sense into a UI only addon (like Nova or Apex) that didnt attempt to tinker with every aspect of their phones, I believe they would be a lot more successful.

- it would free up a lot of precious memory, there is only 1mb on my evo
    - it had the ability to be disabled, this would please everyone. Use it or dont, your choice.
    - updates would come so much faster, there is much less to have to adapt to new Android OS updates
    - less of a threat of lawsuit from Apple if (justified or not) Apple decides there is some "patent" infringement UI aspect in Sense. Easier to patch and/or disable.
    - rom creators would be able to create their magical goodness so much faster without having to try to rip out all the embedded Sense nonsense (see what I did there? woo)
    FApple
    newboyx likes this.

apex and holo here
    My Wallpaper Collection!!! Updated 7/12/2011 (some NSFW)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/102508753250975172853/Wallpaper#
    Thanked by:

I just got mine 2 weeks ago just after the update and my sense hasn't reloaded once I personally live the sense ui.

Nova here does anybody know what could cause nova to laggggg?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Nova sux on the evo! Sense all the way here! I love it!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Nope, I get no nova lag whatsoever.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

went with nova after the jb update made my phone usable and got to keep my scrolling wallpaper

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

I've gotten bored with the phone lately so I went back and played with nova again for the first time in months. I hate the sense dock with a passion but all in all I didn't feel like I was getting anything great extra with nova over sense so for the time being I'll stay with sense.

That being said I did download widget locker the other day and I'm loving having a different lock screen. I get more functionality and a different look and feel as well. I don't see myself giving that up anytime soon. Just a recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I've gotten bored with the phone lately so I went back and played with nova again for the first time in months. I hate the sense dock with a passion but all in all I didn't feel like I was getting anything great extra with nova over sense so for the time being I'll stay with sense.

That being said I did download widget locker the other day and I'm loving having a different lock screen. I get more functionality and a different look and feel as well. I don't see myself giving that up anytime soon. Just a recommendation.
    Just an FYI....if you start to have problems with your multitouch function on your phone(most noticable with games) it's the widget locker lock screen. There are threads out there about it. Hell even the stock No Lock Screen gives issues.
    Thanked by:

I use apex on my photon q and I love it. Almost never reloads, the transitions are more the fast enough and I have mine on the default speed. I have widgets and a ton of icons on the home page and never have lag. Nova I didn't like the folders and the fact you had to pay to be able to hide aps in the app drawer.

ROM
    Viper ROM

I've been using Nova since Nova Prime went on sale a few months ago. I was on Apex for about a month before that.

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    Did the recent update make anybody go back the sense?

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
    I bought Nova, but after the last update I've been a lot more happy with Sense.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12