1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Default Apex, Nova, or Sense

Which one are you using and why?

Or are you using a different launcher

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Default Re: Apex, Nova, or Sense

I know a lot of people use Apex, but I use Nova no real reason I just like it more for some reason.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Apex here. I just like the smoothness. But in all honestly, the difference between Apex and Nova is so slim that either one is a great one. I like the UI on Apex a little better in it's settings. Both are great launchers though.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Sense...it's the biggest reason I'm on this phone over the GS3. Having a phone by HTC is the only way to experience sense, and it's very smooth and nice looking in ICS. All the various elements and built in apps work very well together, so I'm enjoying it. It's a very "cozy" interface with lots of eye candy and visual flair. I spent the last 2 years on an Epic 4G and I had a 3rd party launcher, 3rd party messaging app, contacts app, gallery app, music app, etc. They all, individually, were great apps, but since they were all made by different people, they weren't designed to perfectly work together and there definitely wasn't much in the way of visual cohesion. I love that in sense I can use multiple apps with the exact same look, menu structure, layout, etc. It's a nice change of pace for now.
    Thanked by:
    delthor7 and mstrblueskys like this.

I have both and both are similar. I tend to like Apex more for the smoothness.

I however do like using sense a lot. It's fast and looks great. I just hate when it reloads. Even if you have another launcher, that launcher will close when sense crashes. Launchers just run on top of sense.

I use to have go launcher on my old Evo and loved it.
    Last edited by RyDawgBoston; 07-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Using nova here. Gonna buy the premium one when my nexus 7 gets here. I love sense. But I hate crashing. Nova just feels a little more smooth when it's not crashing haha

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I use apex because of the smoothness and reliability. It only reloads on average maybe once or twice a week on me. There are a lot of cool extra settings which sense just doesn't have.

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v1.1

Sense most of the time, and Nova Launcher some of the time. Nova over Apex, for me. If I remember, I got more reloads with Apex then I did with Sense. Actually the only loads I get with Sense anymore are after a reboot or after a change in Personalization.

Nova. I tried Apex and it just feels sluggish to me, even on the fastest transition setting. Put Nova on faster than light and everything is instantaneous. I've got it loaded with widgets and haven't had any reloads yet.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Apex here although Nova is good too. I like the fact that using it instead of the Sense launcher frees up some RAM as it has a smaller footprint. Given the whole multitasking mess it was one of the first (and best) things I've changed.

Sent from my Evo LTE

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v1.1

I love the Grid Platform folder layout on Nova, too. Apex didn't have that as an option when tried it out.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Did the recent update make anybody go back the sense?

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Yes it made me go back. All I wanted was not lag, especially app drawer. And I got it.

I buy HTC phones exclusively for sense! Love the widgets and it is buttery smooth! No reason to change it!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    delthor7 and bigtank like this.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Apex here. Room for 7 icons in the app drawer + Folder Organizer means I have 2 touch access to everything on the phone. Although, if I wanted to switch screens (or do things the old fashioned way), transitions and everything are more than fast enough.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I buy HTC phones exclusively for sense! Love the widgets and it is buttery smooth! No reason to change it!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    I don't buy HTC's because of sense. Huge memory hog and it wastes resources. And the reason multitasking is awful on the phone. Good thing is, we have choices. There is a flavor of Android for everyone.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I don't buy HTC's because of sense. Huge memory hog and it wastes resources. And the reason multitasking is awful on the phone. Good thing is, we have choices. There is a flavor of Android for everyone.
    Actually multitasking has been fixed with the latest OTA and is working fine now.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.
    delthor7 likes this.

I like using nova because of the scrolling dock bar! Keeps my screen clean, with 1 widget per page!, plus the themes make it fun, I'm using the poker theme now, feel like I'm in Vegas every time i turn on my phone!

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

I use Sense. I bought an HTC phone. If I wasn't going to use Sense I would have just continued to use my Nexus.

delthor7 likes this.

I'm using apex. For me its the smoothest and most efficient. I like the scrolling dock bar cause it clears up a lot of space on my screens. Only downside is I can't use some of the widgets I like. Gotta download replacements instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    I like using nova because of the scrolling dock bar! Keeps my screen clean, with 1 widget per page!, plus the themes make it fun, I'm using the poker theme now, feel like I'm in Vegas every time i turn on my phone!

I'm using Nova Prime as well. What is the poker theme? How did you find it?

I tried Apex and although I liked it, Nova was much the same for me without any reloads. Sense just doesn't have the customization options and I don't miss the clock at all. Using HD Widgets and Beautiful Widgets.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

I am currently using Go Launcher, However I do switch back to Sense from time to time.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

I switched to Apex a while ago because I got tired of Sense reloads. Keeping it in memory let it rarely have to reload. And when it did, I could still scroll through the home screens while the widgets/apps got populated, which never took more than 2 seconds. I also liked the stock feel to it, obviously. After the Sense 4.1 update, I tried Sense again and have been pretty happy with it. Reloads rarely occur, and while I still can't scroll through the screens for sometimes up to 5 seconds, the cohesive design between the HTC widgets, dock, HTC apps and the pull down menu make up for the occasional inconvenience. The lack of scrolling and app drawer lag is appreciated as well.

I think its a go launcher poker theme, works on nova

Using sense here and so far I think is the best sense and is also beautiful. Fast.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    delthor7 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast