Seidio Releases Desktop Charging Cradle for HTC EVO 4G LTE

justryan

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
In theory this should allow Sense to be in Landscape mode. I've noticed with the OEM car dock that the LTEVO doesn't always recognize the dock immediately. Sometimes, I have to take it out and put it back in or start the car dock app automatically. But like a previous poster mentioned, this version of Sense does support landscape mode. It's very cool how it works.

Coupon codes good through July 7
"RedWhiteBlue" for red, white and blue cases - 20% off
"July2012" for sitewide 10% discount

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if this dock works with the phone in an Otter Box defender case? The Seidio Active case looks similar in size as the Otter Box defender case.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I used a dremil tool and widened mounting slot of my Seidio EVO 3D cradle.
Works perfectly with EVO 4G LTE. Screen turn on and goes Landscape as soon as phone is inserted.

Thanks for the idea. Just did the same with my old 3D desktop cradle.

Landscape mode works as it should. Phone imeadiatly turns on and goes to full Sense landscape mode. Not car dock the home screen with carasel, full function.

HTC needs to release an OEM desktop cradle for this phone. Too bad the Seidio cradle missed a few design details in a rush to market.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
just found these on ebay, doesnt it look the microusb male end looks backwards?

Hyperion Standard Dock for Sprint HTC EVO LTE 4G - Retail Packaging - Black | eBay

Interesting.

* They are properly cradling the whole phone to prevent damage. I like that.

* Reasonable price.

* They don't seem to have the round mode switch like there is on the Evo 3D dock.

* You are right, the male USB connector is on the wrong side!!! They show an Evo LTE in the dock, but there is no way it would fit what is shown in that last picture. Maybe the picture was flipped for some reason? Or the last picture is of a different model dock? I sent the seller a message about it.

I Googled "hyperion dock +evo +lte" and it came up with NOTHING. Hmmm....

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
They now have the Hyperion dock on Amazon for 17.99 plus 4.99 shipping and handling(pic shows USB is in the right spot). I placed an order and should receive it in a week or two. I'll report back on the quality of it.

Reactions: crxssi

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
They now have the Hyperion dock on Amazon for 17.99 plus 4.99 shipping and handling(pic shows USB is in the right spot). I placed an order and should receive it in a week or two. I'll report back on the quality of it.

I might jump on it too. Interesting that the pictures on THAT listing show the connector always on the correct side. It is also $2.50 less than on Ebay (and the Ebay listing STILL has the defective picture on it).

I found a video review of the Hyperion for the One X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULGJ6CCD7Yc It is apparent that unlike the OEM docks:

1) The fit might not be perfect which could cause stress on the connector, scratches, and not release the phone easily.
2) The base is not weighted, so you can't remove the phone one-handed.
3) It has no dock mode (which I don't really care about but some people will).

The first two issues concern me greatly, and are probably the same problems with the Seidio, except the Seidio also doesn't even support the phone well. Come on HTC, why is there no OEM dock for the EVO LTE?? What to do....

Last edited:

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if the fit isn't to my liking I'll return it. I'm hoping it'll be because really wnt a dock that supports the phone from the phone....not the USB connector. For the weight I'm already anticipating having to open the base and hot glue a piece of steel. I already have ultimate rotation control and tasker installed so I'll manually make a desk dock mode.

Last edited:

k425

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Pew446

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
For those wanting or needing landscape mode to use the Seidio Dock you can download and use this app from the Google Play Store:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...meit.rotate&feature=nav_result&token=9ZSeUkp7

It works really well and puts my HTC EVO 4G LTE into landscape (using the Sense 4.0 Launcher) just fine.

However it does expire after 7 days (once you are really used to it :) ) and nags you to buy a license.

New update fixed this issue..:beer::D

sent from EVO4GLTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My Hyperion Dock arrived today and I gotta say I like it. Here are my opinions of some pros and cons:

Pros-Feels well made, base has a little heft to it and the rubber feet do a good job of keeping it from sliding around when it's empty, the phone slides in easily and clicks into place on the USB connector(good and bad), the phone has some extra support on the outer corners so that all of the support isn't coming from the USB connector making the phone feel very secure while docked

Cons-the phone clicks into place on the USB connector making it take 2 hands to undock the phone, there is nothing that indicates any type of dock mode(I even tried to make a desktop dock mode using tasker and the dock doesn't have anything internally to trigger it), you can't use a case with it

Overall to me it was well worth the money.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm so lucky, the sedio dock i bought for my evo 3d works perfectly with my new evo with the thin case on. So if I bought a new one I would have to take case off to use. This one I don't need to.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte