Stuck Busy Signal / Battery Drain

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Not a newbie to Android, just defected from Verizon.
I have searched high and low and can't seem to find anyone else that is having this issue with there Evo LTE.
The reason i say that is when i went to have my first EVO replaced ( defective camera ) The service tech didn't want to give me a new device because they have had severall returned with what he called ( Roag Busy Signal ) I thought B.S. just give me a new phone and let me go....
Day 1, phone and camera are awesome :)
Day 2, Went to make a call, bam... stuck on busy signal, no matter what i do, power it down. All seemed well, went to take a pic an hour later, phone was Very Hot and almost dead from 90% charge. Recharged, 2 or 3 calls no problem.
Today, Same thing, made 1 call on the way to work no prob. next call.. bam.. Stuck Busy Signal and gets hot fast after reboot to stop it....
Anyone ????

Thanks Joe

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not really understanding. Do you mean if you make a call and get a busy signal, the phone doesn't hangup properly? And without a proper hangup it is draining the battery?

Honestly don't know if I've gotten a busy signal yet... doesn't everyone have voice mail these days? ;-)

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
As soon as i hit send it goes into a Busy Signal, The phone never has time to connect to a tower. and never stops until you power it down.The battery drain is after you power it back up.
I was surprised to not see it on the net. after a very well known Sprint store in my area didn't want to change out my phone ( camera only issue ) because of this problem, the tech decribed it as a roag Busy Signal. He did say it would rendener my phone ununsable. I think dead is a better way to put it. after a recharge, it is good to go again untill it's next episoad...
Spint want's me to try a S3..... I just can't make myself do it... I am having a hard enough time getting used to a HTC after the HTC Verizon Thunderbolt screwing i got. there first try at 4g lte if your not a verizon person.
sorry to ramble on... i'm not going to give up, i still have 9 days left to figure it out. LOL

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, if it were something common or even known, certainly it would have appeared on one of the forums. Nada. So I don't think this is something that would fall into the "well known" category. Are you in one of the soon-to-be-LTE areas? Maybe your phone is confused by the LTE testing and other stuff going on with the towers?

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with my s3 the other day I had no idea what it was I had to pull the battery out to fix it and it has not happened again but boy it was annoying.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with my s3 the other day I had no idea what it was I had to pull the battery out to fix it and it has not happened again but boy it was annoying.

Now at least we know that Turbomania is not crazy, and that switching to an S III won't help.

arkutek

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have two Evo4glte , both have done this multiple times in the last three weeks. I restart the phone to stop the busy signal. My wife's has done it four times today. I just turned both phones to cdma only to see if it is a radio issue. On ours when you place a call you get a busy signal. Hang up the call and the signal will persist even when the phone powers down. When it restarts the busy signal stops. You can still use the phone as usual while it continues to produce the sound though. It will even make a call and connect. A restart is the only way to stop it, power off and back on does not. in Pontiac, MI. Also happens in Farmington and Orion. We also get cant update time zone messages. My daughters galaxy nexus also gets the busy signal but will disconnect and doesn't need a restart.

Last edited:

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
well i got some info on this very isolated problem today. The repair guy at my store showed me it is on there company intranet as a Commissioning issue between the towers and all 4g LTE phones, they have had several S3's do this also.
I'm near Flint Mi. they are thinking 50 mile radius ????
Too many tower issues, dropped calls, defective devices, poor customer support, ect, ect... and i have only been a Spint Customer 5 days... Sorry all, i had to bail :(
Almost same phone, different carrier. Already car Bluetooth problem is gone, that Sprint blamed on HTC ??? just sayin....lol

adtjoe73

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Make a call, the phone doesn't connect. Just goes to busy signal. You can make a new call, but you still hear the busy signal. The only way to stop it is to restart the phone. So far the only common denominator is that my signal strength was low all 4 times it has happened.
I have only had this phone for a month, in Detroit, and also came from Verizon.

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's funny cause I am just south of Detroit and I have had it happen once on my s3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
well i got some info on this very isolated problem today. The repair guy at my store showed me it is on there company intranet as a Commissioning issue between the towers and all 4g LTE phones, they have had several S3's do this also.

This is what I suspected- issues with the new LTE stuff as they are upgrading towers and going through debugging.

jsalk

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just to let everyone know. I am having the same issue in Pontiac, MI.

If there is a solution, I'd sure like to hear about it.

- Jim

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a network problem in the Detroit/Pontiac area.

Probably nothing you can do for now besides sit tight if you keep the phones. Could be a network and software combination, but again, nothing you can do about that.

stukay

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Rochester MI, have got a new S3 and having the same problem this morning, took the battery out and replaced it and hasn't happend since. I agree it was very annoying that i couldn't stop it without shutting off the phone.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
its pretty funny because everyone that has complained has mostly either become a new customer just recently or only has one post which is leading me to think that its just one person making multiple accounts to make his original post seem legitimate, i just contacted not just sprint online as well as a walk in the store which is also a insurance repair store and both of them said that they had not heard of the problem once. I've seen people with no lives do this all the time just to troll not only on here but as well as youtube before. nice try