Stuck Busy Signal / Battery Drain
11-16-2013 07:21 PM
- Not a newbie to Android, just defected from Verizon.
I have searched high and low and can't seem to find anyone else that is having this issue with there Evo LTE.
The reason i say that is when i went to have my first EVO replaced ( defective camera ) The service tech didn't want to give me a new device because they have had severall returned with what he called ( Roag Busy Signal ) I thought B.S. just give me a new phone and let me go....
Day 1, phone and camera are awesome
Day 2, Went to make a call, bam... stuck on busy signal, no matter what i do, power it down. All seemed well, went to take a pic an hour later, phone was Very Hot and almost dead from 90% charge. Recharged, 2 or 3 calls no problem.
Today, Same thing, made 1 call on the way to work no prob. next call.. bam.. Stuck Busy Signal and gets hot fast after reboot to stop it....
Thanks Joe07-04-2012 06:01 PM
- Not really understanding. Do you mean if you make a call and get a busy signal, the phone doesn't hangup properly? And without a proper hangup it is draining the battery?
Honestly don't know if I've gotten a busy signal yet... doesn't everyone have voice mail these days? ;-)07-04-2012 07:14 PM
- As soon as i hit send it goes into a Busy Signal, The phone never has time to connect to a tower. and never stops until you power it down.The battery drain is after you power it back up.
I was surprised to not see it on the net. after a very well known Sprint store in my area didn't want to change out my phone ( camera only issue ) because of this problem, the tech decribed it as a roag Busy Signal. He did say it would rendener my phone ununsable. I think dead is a better way to put it. after a recharge, it is good to go again untill it's next episoad...
Spint want's me to try a S3..... I just can't make myself do it... I am having a hard enough time getting used to a HTC after the HTC Verizon Thunderbolt screwing i got. there first try at 4g lte if your not a verizon person.
sorry to ramble on... i'm not going to give up, i still have 9 days left to figure it out. LOL07-04-2012 08:39 PM
- Well, if it were something common or even known, certainly it would have appeared on one of the forums. Nada. So I don't think this is something that would fall into the "well known" category. Are you in one of the soon-to-be-LTE areas? Maybe your phone is confused by the LTE testing and other stuff going on with the towers?07-04-2012 10:59 PM
- 07-04-2012 11:16 PM
- I have two Evo4glte , both have done this multiple times in the last three weeks. I restart the phone to stop the busy signal. My wife's has done it four times today. I just turned both phones to cdma only to see if it is a radio issue. On ours when you place a call you get a busy signal. Hang up the call and the signal will persist even when the phone powers down. When it restarts the busy signal stops. You can still use the phone as usual while it continues to produce the sound though. It will even make a call and connect. A restart is the only way to stop it, power off and back on does not. in Pontiac, MI. Also happens in Farmington and Orion. We also get cant update time zone messages. My daughters galaxy nexus also gets the busy signal but will disconnect and doesn't need a restart.07-05-2012 12:43 PM
- well i got some info on this very isolated problem today. The repair guy at my store showed me it is on there company intranet as a Commissioning issue between the towers and all 4g LTE phones, they have had several S3's do this also.
I'm near Flint Mi. they are thinking 50 mile radius ????
Too many tower issues, dropped calls, defective devices, poor customer support, ect, ect... and i have only been a Spint Customer 5 days... Sorry all, i had to bail
Almost same phone, different carrier. Already car Bluetooth problem is gone, that Sprint blamed on HTC ??? just sayin....lol07-05-2012 10:53 PM
- I have the same problem. Make a call, the phone doesn't connect. Just goes to busy signal. You can make a new call, but you still hear the busy signal. The only way to stop it is to restart the phone. So far the only common denominator is that my signal strength was low all 4 times it has happened.
I have only had this phone for a month, in Detroit, and also came from Verizon.07-05-2012 11:14 PM
- 07-06-2012 07:53 AM
- its pretty funny because everyone that has complained has mostly either become a new customer just recently or only has one post which is leading me to think that its just one person making multiple accounts to make his original post seem legitimate, i just contacted not just sprint online as well as a walk in the store which is also a insurance repair store and both of them said that they had not heard of the problem once. I've seen people with no lives do this all the time just to troll not only on here but as well as youtube before. nice try07-07-2012 01:05 PM
- Not sure what your problem is kiwicarlos741 but mine was a legitimate problem pal, sorry i didn't realise this was your private forum, but just to let you know thanks to information on here my concern may be resolved.
And if you think that the "sprint store" is the 'know-all' then you're sadly mistaken, i went in and asked them about the upcoming Android 4.1 release and also about the Galaxy Nexus phone being banned from sale here due to the Apple patent and they had absolutely no idea what i was talking about.07-08-2012 09:06 AM
- Hey guys this is def something that is popping up all over. I work in a 3rd party Sprint store and we've only had S3's and EVO 4G LTE's come back with this problem. (and the Sprint Phone Connects but that's kinda different). Until I'd seen it with the SPC's I kinda thought it was a problem with the S4 processor, but it might just be an issue Sprint is having with the network. If I hear anything I'll let everyone know, but our store (atleast) won't do returns over this issue, we'll just RTN the phone, help you reset everything back up the way you had it and send you on your way.
This has actually happened to my EVO LTE, my store manager's and our tech's EVO LTE also. We've just been resetting our phones. On that battery issue; my store manager is the only one having that happen. You should take it to a Sprint store and have them back up as much as possible and RTN your phone to see if that fixes it before they give you another one.07-08-2012 07:14 PM
- its pretty funny because everyone that has complained has mostly either become a new customer just recently or only has one post which is leading me to think that its just one person making multiple accounts to make his original post seem legitimate, i just contacted not just sprint online as well as a walk in the store which is also a insurance repair store and both of them said that they had not heard of the problem once. I've seen people with no lives do this all the time just to troll not only on here but as well as youtube before. nice try
Have to admit though, when $hit like this pops up, so do first time posters.... It does look a bit trollish....LOL... new word trust me i am far from new... been flashing since the OG days, that's Motorola to you HTC guys .... I am a HTC newbie, still have one, just a X one now...07-09-2012 07:34 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
Stuck Busy Signal / Battery Drain
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD