4g issues, and Double uploads

eefflrat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I posted a while back that my 4gLTE didn't connect to 4G networks when I was in a 4 G area, ie NYC yankee stadium etc...My wife had an old evo and and her 4G connected. i tired everywhere to see if there was a setting, and then I called sprint, but when i called them I was out of a 4G zone. They sent some signals etc, and said that should solve it but today back in queens no such luck.
Also, i notice that when i upload photos or videos to Facebook using the 'share" icon it tries to upload two items of the same thing. When the item uploads and there is a check indicating the success i notice there is still a duplicate upload that has 0 progress that I cannot do anything to, and the only way to get rid of it is to restart the phone.
This phone has been super annoying so far for me.

coalming

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's because the evo 4g lte is not wimax 4g,if you don't have lte in your area turn it off, you only have 3g or wifi until lte is little up, an evo 4g will accept the wimax 4g signal, you have a 4g lte phone, I don't own one yet(8/2)but even I understand this

EVO 4G

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Did you not realize the phone you were purchasing was not capable of utilizing 4G networks due to the technology not being available for Sprint yet? The phone is a LTE device and the LTE networks for Sprint arent scheduled to drop until July 15th. And that is in Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Atlanta and Kansas City.

So your frustation is no longer valid...

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to sound rude but don't you do your research. I knew since day 1 that if I got the HTC EVO 4G LTE I can only use it on LTE 4G not WiMax, that's why Sprint named the EVO, EVO 4 LTE not EVO 4G 2. Understand? Also you should have asked when the LTE 4G would be available.

eefflrat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, thanks for the information. Now, I know you guys are all so much smarter than I am so I apologise for the silly question. I live in a 3G area, and I bought the phone not for the 4g service, but because of the other features also. I'm not a tech geek, just a regular every day user. I called sprint and explained everything to them and they weren't clear like you guys.
So, what about the double uploads?

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming by double uploads you're talking about Facebook? There's a thread here if you search on the issue. I have the same problem, and the second upload remains in the notifications until I go and force stop the Facebook app. The other way around it is to use "Facebook for HTC" to upload to Facebook instead which doesn't seem to produce the problem.