Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

Default Re: Proximity Sensor bad?

Got my replacement today, fixed my issues with the proximity sensor as well. Mine was also definitely a hardware issue which I could reproduce for the Sprint techs. New one works great. Same version, 003.
    kbp08tls likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Got my replacement today, fixed my issues with the proximity sensor as well. Mine was also definitely a hardware issue which I could reproduce for the Sprint techs. New one works great. Same version, 003.
    Great, glad to hear you have a new replacement.

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I might as well piggyback off Crimson. I picked up my new EVO LTE today after work. It was brand new, still sealed in the box, plastic on everything, not activated, plastic on screen, ECT. Just.getting it fully setup now. Once activated in the store, I hung around for 45 mins while I set it up. The first thing I tested out was the prior issue with the prox/light sensor. So far so good. I made several calls just.to test it out. I have not been able to duplicate the issue. Every test that my returned EVO LTE failed, this new one has passed. Just like Crimson, I have the same HW version 003.

Only 2 things I notice about the new one. The lights at the bottom that illuminate the 3 buttons are slightly off. Not a big deal. Also, my screen seems to be making a cracking sound as I type. We'll see how that goes.... I hope the latter isn't a bad sign.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    I might as well piggyback off Crimson. I picked up my new EVO LTE today after work. It was brand new, still sealed in the box, plastic on everything, not activated, plastic on screen, ECT. Just.getting it fully setup now. Once activated in the store, I hung around for 45 mins while I set it up. The first thing I tested out was the prior issue with the prox/light sensor. So far so good. I made several calls just.to test it out. I have not been able to duplicate the issue. Every test that my returned EVO LTE failed, this new one has passed. Just like Crimson, I have the same HW version 003.

+1 same hardware version. Except for your new issues.

They couldn't get my data activated, so I had to go back to the store four hours later. The rep finally accessed the in-store WiFi and it activated. Just a tip to anyone having the same problem.

I forgot how long it takes to get everything set up. It's also worth it to get everything fixed.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

After receiving the new update, this problem has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    After receiving the new update, this problem has been resolved.
    Really? I didn't see anything about the prox/light sensor listed in the update. Anyone else notice the problem was fixed w/the software update today? Either way, glad its fixed for you.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    Really? I didn't see anything about the prox/light sensor listed in the update. Anyone else notice the problem was fixed w/the software update today? Either way, glad its fixed for you.

people on XDA are also reporting it is fixed after the update. I never had the issue so cannot confirm.

Yup, I tested this on a few phone calls earlier and can confirm the proximity sensor is behaving properly since the update this morning for me. Was a real pain to deal with before that.

And that's with the HD screen protector on from Zagg installed by Best Buy on day one. Issue must have been software all along as a few were suggesting before.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

I was having this problem as well, but it seems to have been fixed. I was getting ready to head back to best buy this morning, and tried it one last time. The screen now acts as it should, turning off when I cover the sensor and coming back on when I uncover it. It's even working in low light conditions. I'm thinking the update may have addressed a potential software issue. Has anyone else noticed this problem going away after the update?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12