Which micro SD card?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to go crazy with information overload. I want a 32GB microSD card for my Evo LTE. I want something that can keep up with taking videos, burst photos, and photos while taking video.

I've read here and over on XDA that either the Samsung Class 10 or a SanDisk Class 4 would be good choices, because it's not about the sustained write speeds but the random speeds. But then some have also said on the Samsung Class 10 cards their S3 couldn't keep up with the video and wouldn't take pics while taking the video. Then somewhere else I read to get a class 6 SanDisk, which I guess is their Ultra brand.

So I'm thoroughly confused now. Help please! Does anyone have any of these cards and how is it working for you? :confused:
SanDisk 32GB Class 6
SanDisk Class 4
Samsung Class 10

Last edited:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually this might be a better question. When using the camera on the phone, does it save directly to the storage card or does it go to internal memory first then transfer to the card? If it's the latter then the speed isn't as big a factor as I thought.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually this might be a better question. When using the camera on the phone, does it save directly to the storage card or does it go to internal memory first then transfer to the card? If it's the latter then the speed isn't as big a factor as I thought.

You can choose in the camera options whether to save it in the sd card or internal storage

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You can choose in the camera options whether to save it in the sd card or internal storage
Yea I understand that, but when it's actually taking the pictures is it going directly to the card or is there a buffer it goes to first then it stores it to the card?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
One thing id like to point out is no matter who manufactures the card, the class rating is the same on them all. So a class 4 Sandisk, Samsung or Transcend is still a class 4.
Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Scroll down to Class Speeds and it gives a great breakdown of what it really means.

Class 2 for SD video recording
Class 4 and 6 for HD ~ Full HD video recording,
Class 10 for Full HD video recording and HD still consecutive recording
UHS Speed Class 1 for real-time broadcasts and large-size HD videos

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So for my desires a Class 10 or the UHS would be best? UHS has all the features of Class 10 and whatever benefits it adds, right?

What cards are you guys using?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01