Evo completly reset itself back to factory all by itself!.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I was at a restaurant yesterday and had an Email coupon. I whipped out my Evo LTE to pull the email up and show the cashier and BOOM, my Evo rebooted itself.

Royal pain but that has happened before but this time it displayed a small moving stripe along the bottom I have not seen before. WTF I thought. Then it came back up and it was completely reset as if I just bought it. None of my apps, nothing except the SU# app was there. It was the only one along with the default ones. So it was still rooted at least.

Thank goodness I make Titanium Backups every night! So I was able to get back close to the way it was save a few things. For some reason my Torque app lost its settings and a few missing things etc...

Anyone have ANY idea what could have caused my Evo LTE to do this? Do you think it will do that again? What could possibly make it do that in the first place? I am rooted by that first script that came out the day after it was released. I have done nothing else weird with it.

Now one thing that may have contributed was my Sedio Surface case clip seems to press the power button when it is on my belt at times if it is not in there just right. If that happened and the power button was held down for a min or more could it reset it completely like that? I thought that would only do a power down or reboot.

Also any recommendations as to the easiest way to get recovery on it so I can make a full nandroid backup. I know there are many threads, I just want fast recommendations from people that have done it. I guess I will need to start over yet again if I do that. <sigh>

This and the multitasking not working hardly at all is really making me hate this phone and I don't want to hate it. I LOVED my original Evo but man.....

Last edited:

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My first two lte's that I returned did it always. Turn off "fast boot" option in settings. This should help do it less.

My third Evo does not do it yet, that I know of.
HTC told me before if this happens, do a hard reset.

It's still hard to believe that the first Evo had none of these issues. Take this screen and put it on the old Evo and I would be so happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1