Bending in Evo's aluminum band?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I like how in the first couple of pages they're treating the op like crap, then all of the sudden "OMG my phone does it too!". Prime example of why I post here and not over there...lol.

I think what's really interesting is the person with the issue wants to forget about and delete the post. They take this stand after a picture is requested. I would simply send a photo to show what I was talking about.

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I think what's really interesting is the person with the issue wants to forget about and delete the post. They take this stand after a picture is requested. I would simply send a photo to show what I was talking about.

He did post a picture a couple pages in.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are correct there is a picture, can you detect a slight bend...I can't. They say they already bent it back some which maybe fixed it..

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are correct there is a picture, can you detect a slight bend...I can't. They say they already bent it back some which maybe fixed it..

I can't really tell. I'm sure it's bound to happen though. People want thinner, lighter phones, then refuse to put a case in it, just throw it in their pocket, and are shocked when something happens to it.

That, and not every phone is going to be exactly the same. Some of them probably shipped with a tiny bit of curvature to them. Imo griping about a 1mm curve is a bit too OCD.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with me, but that's my two cents.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone will bend if you force it or have it in your back pocket. My friend bent his slightly by having it in his back pocket. He pulled back right before he fully sat down though. Lucky!

It's because they removed the strength, by adding the plastic cover, to give it better reception... Go figure.

That's why I use an otterbox.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This phone will bend if you force it or have it in your back pocket. My friend bent his slightly by having it in his back pocket. He pulled back right before he fully sat down though. Lucky!

It's because they removed the strength, by adding the plastic cover, to give it better reception... Go figure.

That's why I use an otterbox.

I also use the otterbox case for optimum care and would never put the phone in my back pocket or my front pocket for the many reasons mentioned in the threads.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
ZOMG!! You mean that if I take a thin piece of aluminum, put it in my back pocket, and sit on it, it's going to bend?!
[/SARCASM]

I carry my phone in my front pocket all day, every day, and I haven't had a problem.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
ZOMG!! You mean that if I take a thin piece of aluminum, put it in my back pocket, and sit on it, it's going to bend?!
[/SARCASM]

I carry my phone in my front pocket all day, every day, and I haven't had a problem.

You'll be fine just don't sit on it...:p

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
[/SARCASM]

I carry mine in my front pocket too. Fits perfect!

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone needs to explain exactly what Google Wallet is to these people. . .Maybe because we can't use it yet but Sprint used it as a selling feature anyway, people are confused. :confused:

I keep mine in my front pocket and it's straight as an arrow.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone needs to explain exactly what Google Wallet is to these people. . .Maybe because we can't use it yet but Sprint used it as a selling feature anyway, people are confused. :confused:

I keep mine in my front pocket and it's straight as an arrow.

LOL

Yeah, front pocket for every phone I've owned. Why you would risk sitting on a slab phone is beyond me.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
See, I keep my phone in my back pocket while I'm at work but it's because I'm female, and have tiny front pockets, and obviously I can't carry my purse around while I'm working. But I don't sit down on it either :p

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Have a slight bend in mine and have it in an otterbox defender, carry in front pocket, never back.

Not bent like photos on xda. It's bent in the upper right corner. Won't sit flush when face down. Rocks when I press that corner.

Maybe its a factory issue, idk. Don't really care either though. Affects me null.

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been taking mine to the gym (for music) for weeks now, where I often lift with it in my pocket (and sometimes with me on top of it) depending on what I'm doing ... and not always with a case. Panicked a little when I saw this thread, but after a thorough inspection there is not even a semblance of a bend or a curve on her.
Yet and still, it's sounding more and more like the trade off for these thinner/lighter phones is always being protecting them and handling them with care. I mean, they are $600 dollar devices, maybe we all need to start treating them as such.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac