Google Wallet support coming in July!

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Good news! The Google Play Store description for the Google Wallet app shows that support for the EVO 4G LTE is on its way, and should be here this month.

It does say the device will be receiving an OTA update, so whether that is just a minor bump, or a jump to Jellybean is unsure at this point (feel free to speculate here) but either way it is still good news!

KMyers

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Good news! The Google Play Store description for the Google Wallet app shows that support for the EVO 4G LTE is on its way, and should be here this month.

It does say the device will be receiving an OTA update, so whether that is just a minor bump, or a jump to Jellybean is unsure at this point (feel free to speculate here) but either way it is still good news!

I do think it is too early for Jelly Bean (Although I can dream). I do think it will be an OTA update to the device firmware, I assume 4.0.4. I do hope it has some stability fixes. There are some times where my EVO gets ungodly slow for a few minutes and the notifications menu is often blank.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I do think it is too early for Jelly Bean (Although I can dream). I do think it will be an OTA update to the device firmware, I assume 4.0.4. I do hope it has some stability fixes. There are some times where my EVO gets ungodly slow for a few minutes and the notifications menu is often blank.

I'm not hoping for an ota for jb this month for the evo. But a official nightly build of cyanogen with jb would be nice. Geeze. Even ics.

But if not I hope that this update will fix the minor issues of this phone and not just google wallet.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think it's referring to an update of the Wallet app, and has nothing to do with a firmware or other OS update.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
i posted this earlier, but i talked with a htc representative today who said that a software update was supposed to come out today and that i should try a manual update but no luck and if not that i would be receiving a notification so I'm guessing that it is near. nothing today like i was told tho :(

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Question, if I had google wallet activated before the start of the "does not support your carrier..." error and now cannot reset the wallet app, will the over the air update brick my secure element?

Also I am rooted (but bootloader is not unlocked) so I take it I won't get the OTA anyways?

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Question, if I had google wallet activated before the start of the "does not support your carrier..." error and now cannot reset the wallet app, will the over the air update brick my secure element?

Also I am rooted (but bootloader is not unlocked) so I take it I won't get the OTA anyways?

You might be ed because there is no way for you to update or anything without possibly ing up your secure element.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

KMyers

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hit the Check Now button, the Update is LIVE

This update (version 1.22.651.3) addresses:

• Google security updates
  • Wifi disconnect issue
  • Time zone issue
  • Google Wallet fix
  • Side loaded video pause issue
  • Random power cycling issue